JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health consulting firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the world. JSI works extensively with national and local governments, NGOs, the private sector, and traditional leaders to expand access to services for vulnerable populations. JSI is committed to improving the health of underserved populations through innovative approaches in a range of public health areas, including TB, HIV, sexual and reproductive health, technical and organizational capacity building, supply chain strengthening, strategic information management, health systems management, and policy development.
The Tuberculosis Implementation Framework Agreement (TIFA) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development under Cooperative Agreement 7200AA19CA00013. TIFA is implemented by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. in partnership with Open Development. TIFA is a key component of the USAID Global Accelerator to end TB and the journey to self-reliance. TIFA focuses on enhancing collaborative, locally-led efforts to build countries’ capacity to plan, finance, monitor and sustain their own high-quality TB programs. The overarching goal for TIFA is to strengthen and sustain country ownership and accountability by directly supporting national TB programs, empowering local government entities, and advocating for additional domestic resources for TB.
The Awards Coordinator (AC) will support the implementation of the $240 million Fixed Amount Award (FAAs) portfolio on the TIFA project. The AC will manage the administrative and financial aspects of a portfolio of FAA grants, and advise the grants team on emerging risks and financial issues. S/he will also support the country-based teams to ensure grant administration aspects are performed to the highest quality and efficiency standards and are compliant with TIFA grant policies. The Awards Coordinator will report to the Senior Agreements Management Officer.
- Maintenance of the project’s Grant Management Database (GMD) to track status of FAAs during codesign and implementation;
- Monitor status of FAAs through dashboards, including implementation of risk mitigation plans, milestone and targets deadlines, USG compliance requirements, and other key FAA related events;
- Review milestone submissions, provide feedback as needed or forward deliverables to USAID for approval. Update the TIFA database.
- Manage payment requests through the TIFA database and Concur processes;
- Work as part of country core team to support a portfolio of assigned countries;
- Liaise with TIFA field teams on FAA grant compliance and finance issues;
- Liaise with HQ-based finance team on FAA grant payment-related issues;
- Perform other duties as determined by the Senior Agreements Management Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant academic background;
- At least three (3) years of experience in grants management;
- Experience in establishing effective partnerships with grant recipients;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently navigate the rules and regulations of U. S. Government and USAID assistance awards (CFR, OMB circulars);
- Experience managing grants with public sector entities preferred;
- Excellent team-work and team-building skills;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills; professional proficiency in French is preferred.
- Computer literacy required (especially MS Excel, MS Word, and Windows); Familiarity with various accounting and database software helpful;
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment;
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% time.
- Authorization to work in the US required.