IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
This position will support the IREX Grants & Contracts Office (GCO) supporting award compliance with applicable regulations and internal policy as well as organizational procurement activities.
Performs additional duties and tasks to meet the needs of the organization, team, or as assigned by supervisor.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree or higher in international affairs, accounting, finance, business administration, economics or related field is required;
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience work; may include a combination of part-time, internships, etc;
- Preferred: Experience within an NGO that works in international development;
- Preferred: Experience in awards management, compliance, and procurement functions for USG funded programs.
- An understanding of the elements of a transparent and competitive procurement;
- A basic understanding of 2 CFR 200 and other federal award administration regulations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment, across an organization;
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and Teams;
- Very strong time management, multitasking, and organizational skills;
- Proven experience managing multiple administrative tasks in a demanding, time sensitive work environment;
- Ability to work effectively across borders and cultures;
- Foreign language knowledge or strong intercultural communication skills;
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work independently;
- Preferred: Experience with Deltek, Costpoint and/or SAP Concur;
- Preferred: Knowledge of AIDAR and/or FAR;
- Preferred: Experience instructing professionals in one-on-one and group settings
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Your Daily Tasks
- Work with Senior Awards & Compliance Manager on implementation and monitoring of organizational compliance plan including metrics and internal reporting;
- Assist in development and administration of Safeguarding and Trafficking in Persons policies and procedures;
- Assist in management of Conflict of Interest disclosures and mitigation plans;
- Serve as point of contact for compliance questions from all staff including review of applicable regulations and internal policies;
- Review new award actions including terms and conditions for compliance concerns;
- Work with Grants & Contracts Manager on design and management of procurement processes and tools;
- Coordinate administration of, maintain files in, and provide support to staff on IREX procurement systems;
- Provide compliance review of organizational procurements;
- Coordinate and support workforce compliance and procurement trainings;
- Assist with administration of Grants & Contracts Office helpdesk;
- Provide general support to IREX Senior Awards & Compliance Manager and Grants & Contracts Manger
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Telework. The eligible employee is a regular, full-time DC-based staff who works from a worksite outside the DC office for one or more days a week.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.