Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Panagora is currently working remotely due to the pandemic but anticipates adopting a hybrid work schedule including fully and partially remote work schedules based on current federal, state, and local pandemic guidance.
Panagora seeks a Director to lead our work in Organizational Development (OD) within the Innovation & Organizational Learning practice area. The OD director will be responsible for developing and implementing an Organizational Development strategy and contributing to Panagora’s expertise and thought leadership in this practice area. Bringing specialized experience in OD, the director will work with a dynamic team of Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA), Knowledge Management (KM) and Private Sector Engagement specialists.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of Panagora’s work in organizational development
- Contribute to capture and new business development for Organizational Development and institutional support contracts, including technical conceptualization and writing, development of new partnerships and technical resources, recruitment of high-quality technical personnel
- Represent Panagora as a thought leader on OD through participation in industry events, presentations, and written pieces
- Carry out OD technical assignments
- Oversee OD and related institutional support contracts, including development and implementation of annual activity work plans and budgets, ensuring compliance with contract requirements
- Provide activity updates, lessons learned, and stories for marketing, communications, and learning purposes
- Monitor and support activity performance via regular tracking of financial and program reports, performance data, communication with field teams, and periodic supervisory travel.
- Ensure short-term assignments are staffed and carried out as planned, including through clear scopes of work, high-quality personnel, and facilitative oversight
- Actively support and represent Panagora’s mission and values in conduct and communications
- Mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork.
- Master's degree in organizational development, social science, business administration, or international development or an advanced degree in a relevant field.
- 7 – 10 years of relevant experience working in organizational development, specifically in the international development sector.
- Experience supporting change management in U.S. development agencies.
- Demonstrated experience designing and offering organizational development and technical support to local NGOs/nonprofit organizations and private sector.
- Experience building and administering organizational capacity assessments, managing organizational change processes, and strategic planning required.
- Demonstrated experience managing distributed project teams and mentoring staff
- Excellent facilitation, team building, and coordination skills
- Demonstrated project management skills at a leadership level in a USAID context and experience managing and working with diverse teams in cross-cultural settings.
- Strong track record to lead and support winning proposals, including the ability to conceptualize and write technical proposals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Experience living and working in a developing country.
- Proficiency working in one or more foreign languages.
Reports to: Director, Innovation & Organizational Learning
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and based on guidance from the CDC, federal and local government agencies, the position is expected to be fully remote until further notice. Panagora Group anticipates moving to a hybrid work schedule in the future, including fully and partially remote work schedules. COVID vaccination will be required to work onsite at Panagora home office or project site located on US Government property.
Panagora Group, Inc. offers competitive salaries including regular performance reviews and merit increases with an excellent insurance program (health, dental and vision) paid leave, holidays, bonuses, employee assistance program, training and development assistance, commuter allowance, phone allowance, Society for International Development and Humentum Memberships, as well as employee stock ownership (ESOP) and 401K programs.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship.