InterAction is the largest U.S. based coalition of international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) with Members working around the world in low- and middle-income countries, fragile and post-conflict states, and emerging/growth economies. Member organizations are large and small, secular and faith- based, with a focus on people living in the world’s most poor and vulnerable places. The U.S. public, foundations, and governments support the work of our member NGOs that collectively invest and manage more than $15.4 billion a year. InterAction revenues come from dues, government grants, private foundation and corporate grants, and a growing fee-for-service program portfolio. Using its collective voice and convening power, InterAction seeks to shape important policy decisions and actions across a wide range of issues – including foreign assistance, humanitarian relief, development, economic equity, food security, and climate change – that advance human dignity, human potential, and self- determination.
InterAction is seeking a Director, People & Culture and Office Management, who will collaborate with staff and the Executive Team in shaping a high functioning, diverse and inclusive organization. We are looking for an outgoing dynamic individual, who can engage a highly motivated and diverse staff and run an office of 50+ people.
The position requires experience in developing and implementing human resources strategies and best practices in recruitment, onboarding and training, compensation and benefits, performance management, and knowledge of employment and labor laws to effectively lead the day-to-day operations, and short and long-range planning functions. It also requires strong office administrative skills including strategy and operations oversight of all front office functions to ensure that staff can access to supplies and equipment.
In cooperation with the Executive Team and staff, the incumbent shall develop, implement, and revise systems to ensure the smooth operation of HR functions while also serving as the primary resource for staff questions about human resources, their role and InterAction's culture.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced human resource and office administration professional interested in shaping the work environment and people and culture of an organization focused on policy and a people centered organizational mission.
As InterAction’s sole HR professional and office manager, the Director, People & Culture shall work across teams to build a diverse, inclusive and supportive culture. Areas of responsibility include:
HR Responsibilities and oversight:
- Lead the organization’s Compensation Strategy process
- Develop and implement Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion hiring strategy (in coordination with InterAction’s Director for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and implement strong organizational culture
- Partner with the Executive Team for employee coaching personnel matters
- Interface with employees individually and collectively across the organization
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Develop and implement HR Policies
- Maintain Employee Resource Guide
- Performance appraisal and management
- Conduct new employee onboarding and offboarding
- Manage the Employee Benefits process
- Oversee employee benefit audits
Qualifications and Skills:
The candidate must have:
- A thorough understanding of HR policies and procedures, knowledge of Federal and State regulations including FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, ADA, HIPPA AND EEO regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and/ or education commensurate in relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a full range of HR and office management
- Add more details on office management below
- Familiarity with S. and Washington, DC legal and regulatory requirements affecting the organization required, familiarity with other state requirements a plus.
- Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) certification
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Experience with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion best
- Excellent organizational skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and abilities to effectively manage data, communications and work products while keeping track of varied information with ease and
- Excellent self-direction and the ability to take ownership and drive responsibilities through to completion.
- Ability to work well and contribute effectively under pressure and in response to rapidly changing
- Proficient in ADP.
Highly Valued Qualifications:
- Demonstrated commitment to InterAction’s core values and
- Experience working with international non-governmental organizations; and
- High emotional intelligence.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of this position. InterAction will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
The incumbent will supervise the front desk administrator.
$110,000 - $125,000, commensurate with experience and generous benefits package.
Expected Start Date:
July 1, 2022
Senior Director, Finance and Administration
Less than ten percent.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to www.interaction.org/careers line containing title Director, People and Culture and Administration. Position will remain open until filled, but applications received before 04/29/2022 are preferred. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered for this position.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation that they are legally eligible to work in the United States for an extended period. Due to the volume of applications, only finalists will be notified. No phone calls Please!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.