The Posner Center
The Posner Center for International Development has transformed Colorado’s global development community through intentional collaboration. We bring together organizations, building an engaged, thriving community where people meet and learn about one another, exchange ideas, access shared resources and support, and ultimately combine their expertise to generate more lasting solutions to global poverty. Today, the Posner Center community is home to nearly 200 organizations in over 100 countries.
We lead high-quality programs that strengthen our community to amplify its global impact. Programming and grant-making emphasize the creation of community, strategic connections, learning and sharing across the community, and the adoption of evidence-based best practices.
We give our community new ways to engage with one another and international development organizations worldwide and support their efforts to communicate, advocate, and promote their work, and stand shoulder to shoulder in a never-ending demand to do global development better.
To learn more about the Posner Center, please visit posnercenter.org.
About the Executive Director Position
We are in search of an inspiring and visionary leader who possesses an unwavering commitment to advancing justice, equity, diversity and inclusion and is specifically committed to decolonizing development. If you are eager to take on the strategic reins of our evolving community and lead the development of a new, long-term strategy that embodies and enacts our values of promoting justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion, then this role is for you. Additionally, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our 25,000-square-foot collaborative workspace, situated in Denver's historic Curtis Park neighborhood, while navigating the dynamic landscape of virtual and physical community engagement.
Fundraising & Relationship Management (30%)
- Elevate our organization's financial resources by cultivating new funding relationships (from local to global), establishing innovative funding sources, and nurturing existing partnerships with tenants, partners, and donors.
- Spearhead the development and execution of a robust fundraising strategy, building from the current funding base derived primarily from building tenants, paid events, sponsorships, and support from Colorado-based individuals and foundations.
- Passionately communicate the organization's mission through compelling storytelling to drive philanthropy and dynamic revenue generation.
Strategy & Imagining (25%)
- Lead Posner into the next decade through crafting and executing an innovative, future-oriented strategic plan rooted in and promoting the principles of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion and in the decolonization of development.
- Champion initiatives that center and stand in solidarity with communities of color and those who are underrepresented, both locally in Denver and on a global scale.
- Engage stakeholders, including tenants, partners, board members, and donors, in a collective and inclusive imagination process to create a shared vision and commitment to the organization's mission and values.
- Identify and secure innovative ways to generate revenue including effectively leveraging our physical space.
- Utilize data and metrics to inform decisions and measure the impact of Posner’s initiatives
Culture, Belonging & People Management (25%)
- Foster an inclusive and supportive culture, and establish systems to sustain this culture among staff, consultants, board members, tenants, and visitors.
- Lead and motivate a diverse team, where each member is valued and listened to, promoting regular collaboration, and setting high-performance expectations.
Operations & Administration (20%)
- Oversee the management of the daily operations of our workspace and event hub, ensuring efficiency, safety, and excellent service to tenants and visitors.
- Exercise prudent financial planning and resource management, while providing timely reporting to the board and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the board to develop sound governance practices, strategic planning, and fiduciary oversight.
- Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion: Champion these principles in every facet of our work, from strategy to culture and organizational structure.
- Strategy Development & Visioning: Lead the creation of innovative plans that define the future of the Posner Center, emphasizing forward-thinking solutions.
- Leadership: Inspire, mentor, and direct our organization and staff and community members, guiding them towards achieving their objectives.
- Development: Secure funding and partnerships to bring our vision to life, both by strengthening existing revenue streams and creating new ones through grant writing, donor cultivation, partnerships, and events.
- Community-Building: Establish and maintain robust relationships within Denver and the communities surrounding the Posner Center, on a national and global scale.
- Internal Community-Building: Foster and nurture relationships within the Posner Center Community, Board of Directors, and Leadership Council.
- Proven commitment to advancing justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion and an organization’s core values.
- 5+ years’ experience working at a non profit leadership level with a proven track record of raising, through philanthropy and other vehicles, and maintaining revenue in support of a mission. Secured gifts at the $5k level and above, and managed budgets of at least $500k. Preferred experience in unrestricted giving.
- Experience supervising multiple team members and leading others through influence.
- Experience making and implementing decisions that impact the direction and outcomes of an organization, including stewarding significant change processes.
- Expertise in cultivating and maintaining trust-based partnerships with impacted communities, team members, community leaders, funding partners, peer and aligned organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to build community and relationships locally, nationally, and globally.
- Preferred experience in on the ground international development.
Position Compensation, Benefits, Rewards, and Incentives
The Posner Center is an equal-opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression in any activities or operations. These activities include but are not limited to hiring and firing staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. The Posner Center is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for its staff, tenants, members, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
- Compensation: $130,000. The Posner Center does not negotiate salary, this will be the offered salary regardless of candidate.
- Benefits: Package includes medical and dental insurance package with 75% employer premium coverage including for family members, a 401k plan (through Guideline.com) with a 6% employer contribution match, and an unrestricted leave policy
- Location: All team members work on-site at the Posner Center located in Denver with some flexibility for remote work
- Status: Full-time, requires occasional evening and weekend hours
- Incentives: Relocation assistance available
- Work Authorization: must be authorized to work in the US
Reasonable accommodations will be made so that all qualiﬁed applicants may participate in the application process. Please inform Reba Yount at email@example.com of accommodation requests at the time of application.