Panagora Group is a social enterprise dedicated to providing high-quality, high-impact international health, development, and learning consulting. We are a dynamic woman- and employee-owned small business partner focused on market-based and integrated local solutions that strengthen country capacity and independence; and on learning, communications, and technology solutions to accelerate and heighten impact. As a small business, we are able to implement novel and innovative approaches using highly participatory approaches to mobilize community, civil society, and government energy in defining and owning solutions, and to promote inclusive development that benefits all groups.
Panagora seeks a detail-oriented human resources associate to support U.S.-based recruitment and corporate diversity, equity, and inclusion activities. The associate will leverage recruitment tools and best practices to fill home office positions in a timely manner, while supporting DE&I efforts in areas of recruitment, development, and retention of our staff. The associate will provide additional HR support in areas of performance management, compensation, and benefits. We are looking for a resourceful, organized, customer service-oriented team player with effective communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support Recruitment Activities (50% time):
- Support and in some cases lead U.S.-based recruits, implementing the full recruitment lifecycle to fill home office positions
- Post to job boards through Zoho, Panagora’s recruitment system, and identify other strategic recruitment channels appropriate to the position
- Review candidate applications, conduct phone screens, arrange panel interviews, conduct reference checks, and collaborate closely with the Global Human Resources Director to prepare and present offer
- Maintain applicant and recruitment documentation, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Maintain compliance with policies and procedures and federal and state regulations regarding all recruitment practices
- Coordinate closely with the Global Human Resources Director/Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist to stay abreast of corporate recruitment strategy and planned recruitment needs
- Support additional talent acquisition efforts by attending outreach, career, and professional recruitment events
Support Panagora’s Diversity, Inclusion and Equity (DEI) program (25% time):
- Under the leadership and direction of the Senior Human Resources Specialist, support corporate DE&I efforts and activities
- Participate on internal committees and help organize corporate DE&I events
- Support Sr. Human Resources Specialist in the implementation of trainings for staff on how to identify and deal with issues related to racism, microaggressions, cultural differences, harassment, bullying, etc.
Support the performance management process (20% time):
- Maintain and support updates to performance management forms, tools, and job aids
- Track and communicate upcoming 6-month and annual evaluations, ensuring employees have the appropriate tools, and tracking completeness
- Support communication and training efforts
Support other HR administrative tasks as required (5% time): including preparing offer and promotion letters, disseminating benefits information, onboarding and off boarding administrative support, and exit interviews, among others
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or any other related field
- 2-3 years of experience in human resources, implementing or supporting policies, practices, and procedures
- Ability to use technology to create administrative efficiencies and an interest in staying technically current and mastering new software or on-line systems
- Knowledge of and application of US labor laws
- Working proficiency in MS Office
- Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and complete projects within deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, including senior leadership
- Flexible, proactive, highly organized, and able to easily shift priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Work well in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgement, as well as working with a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience supporting general HR functions
- Recruiting experience in international development or international non-profit organizations
- Experience with Zoho or other applicant tracking/candidate management systems
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification or equivalent qualification in HR
Reports to: Global Human Resources Director; will also take direction from the Senior Human Resources Specialist & Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and based on guidance from the CDC, federal and local government agencies, Panagora Group is currently working a hybrid work schedule, including fully and partially remote work schedules. COVID vaccination will be required to work onsite at Panagora home office or project site located on US Government property.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship.