Individual Giving Officer
Reports to: Director of Development, with dotted line management from the Senior Major Gifts Officer
Positional purpose: The Individual Giving Officer will manage the individual giving funding stream, building strategy and supporting the growth of the program. The Individual Giving Officer will be the first point of contact for donors who call or email ActionAid USA (AAUSA); will manage the back end of a number of the fundraising team systems; and will work closely with the fundraising team, communications team, finance team, and other AAUSA and ActionAid International staff, to understand the greatest fundraising needs across the federation and contribute to the fundraising goals of the organization.
Salary range: $50,000 – $60,000 depending on experience. This is a collective bargaining unit position and includes a full benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, a retirement plan, and generous paid time off for holidays, vacation, parental and sick leave.
- Strategize and manage all supporter communications for donors giving under $1,000; this includes managing email appeals, telemarketing, SMS, and digital advertising campaigns, as well as ActionAid’s membership program
- Manage emergency campaigns in the wake of disasters and conflict
- Manage the Salesforce database; conduct monthly reconciliations in concert with Finance Department; create quarterly reports for federation management, and other reports for various audiences as needed
- Maintain and expand AAUSA’s partnerships, including employee giving, third-party networks, and charity ratings
- Manage donor care, including emails and phone calls from current, potential, or past donors to AAUSA
- Liaise with implementing country staff to stay up to date on greatest needs across the federation
- Manage external fundraising services vendors
- Support the growth of a corporate fundraising program through prospect research
- Provide departmental support as needed
- People-person who thrives on connecting with others
- 3 or more years of experience in fundraising and/or sales
- Experience with low-dollar online fundraising and messaging
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Knowledge of international development, social justice, and poverty issues
- Strong organization and time management skills, and attention to detail
- BA or equivalent job experience
- Skill in working with varied cultures and nationalities
- Legally authorized to work in the United States (AAUSA will not sponsor employment visa)
We are currently accepting applications on a rolling basis through July 31st. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject, please write “[Your Name] – Individual Giving Officer”. Please no phone calls.
Should you not receive any feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
ActionAid USA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and feminist and anti-racist principles. Women, people of color, and people who identify as LGBTQIA+ are strongly encouraged to apply. ActionAid USA staff are unionized under SEIU Local 500 and this position is part of the collective bargaining unit.