Lead Coordinator – Civic Freedom Partnerships
We are looking for a leader seeking to make a difference for civil society and civic freedom around the world.
The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL) helps safeguard the freedoms of association, expression and assembly. Over the years, we have developed a global network of individuals who share a passion for civic freedom. ICNL is now seeking a creative and experienced leader to spearhead the development of the next level of support to this global network.
The Lead Coordinator - Civic Freedom Partnerships will have the unique opportunity to enable the change-makers of civil society to defend and reclaim civic space around the world. In leading the realization of this inspiring initiative, the Lead Coordinator will engage with colleagues in civil society, government, multilateral organizations, and the corporate sector. She or he will drive the growth of an innovative learning community of defenders of civic freedom and an unparalleled knowledge platform to support it. The position will be based in Washington, DC.
Responsibilities and tasks will include, among others:
- Developing an organization-wide strategy for partner-engagement and network building, in coordination with ICNL’s worldwide staff and key local partners.
- Designing knowledge platforms and communication tools for network members.
- Facilitating communities of practice in defense of civic freedom.
- Driving knowledge management and content development across the network.
- Developing policies and protocols on membership, digital security, and other areas necessary to successfully implement the strategic vision.
- Planning and organizing virtual and in-person meetings for network members; participating in international meetings on behalf of ICNL.
- Managing the program budget; working with ICNL’s Management and local partners to mobilize resources for the network.
The Lead Coordinator will demonstrate:
- Strategic and creative thinking;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to engage with and motivate people from different sectors and backgrounds;
- Leadership and management skills; experience in designing and managing complex projects in an international organization and cross-cultural settings;
- An understanding of knowledge management and the challenges involved in developing communities of practice;
- Superb written and oral communications skills; an understanding of what’s involved in successful communications and outreach, network building and membership engagement.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Experience in building and managing a community of practice or comparable network related to civil society, development or a similar field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in international development or with civil society internationally.
- At least 3 years of leadership/management experience.
- Experience in developing a communications/outreach strategy for an international organization, or developing a global communications platform is an advantage.
- Experience in knowledge management systems is an advantage.
- Work experience and knowledge related to the closing civic space or civil society law is an advantage.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in other languages is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred.
- The Lead Coordinator must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and early submissions are encouraged. Please send a cover letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should indicate “Lead Coordinator - Civic Freedom Partnerships." Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please. ICNL is an equal opportunity employer.