Manager, Knowledge Management & Communications
The primary function of the Manager, Knowledge Management and Communications - Immunization is to support CORE Group’s current and expanding global portfolio of immunization projects, COVID-19 response, and community health initiatives. This position will support global and regional advocacy efforts,
especially in Francophone Africa, working with GAVI, UN partners, CORE Group members, NGOs, country/regional/global immunization experts, and other stakeholders. The manager will support a Gavi-funded project in 7 Sahelian countries communications efforts such newsletters, press releases, video promotions, and email announcements, as well as all advocacy and knowledge management activities.
The Manager will play a role in providing advocacy technical assistance to regional and global partners on
reaching zero-dose children, immunization strategies and equity in Immunization, community engagement, surveillance, and emergency response and preparedness in the context of COVID-19.
General responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following
• In collaboration with the CORE Group team, actively engaging with government, donors,
NGOs, regional and local organizations involved in Immunization and global health space,
in order to promote collaborative planning toward long-term sustainable solutions
towards zero-dose children, as well as routine immunization and COVID-19 vaccine uptake
• Establishing and maintaining productive collaborative relationships with a wide range of partners and stakeholders, USAID, the MOH, MOA, county governments, multi-lateral partners such as WHO, FAO, OIE, Africa CDC, and UNICEF, IFRC, and donors such as the World Bank,
and civil society groups and NGOs
• Participating in and contributing to immunization advocacy, communications, technical and coordination meetings at the global or local levels in addition to learning activities.
• Provide support to public health and community partners on establishing localized awareness and engagement campaigns - including local media placement, working with community spokespeople, and using digital platforms- at regional and global levels
• Spearhead knowledge management activities and strategy amongst multiple partners for the project.
• Manage media relations and seek out opportunities to amplify the work of a diverse group of stakeholders and CORE Group members
• Create effective communications with and for partners to support public affairs strategies and campaigns, including regularly convening and facilitating task forces or advisory groups, toolkit development and deployment, message amplification, partner-to-partner connections, and digital engagement
• Develop and provide support for vaccine-related communications materials such as fact
sheets, brochures, posters, op-eds, blogs, public service announcements, success stories, panel remarks, and other project collateral
• Collect and analyze metrics to evaluate the success of our traditional/digital communications and community engagement efforts
• Develop internal publications such as newsletters, press releases, email announcements, planned publications, online, intranet, video, special projects, and other assignments
• Other duties as requested
• Must be bi-lingual, written and oral, in French and English
• Master’s degree or higher in public health, communication or marketing.
• A strong background in Immunization. Excellent knowledge of GAVI 5.0, IA2030, polio
eradication initiatives, and other global and regional immunization strategies
• Five to seven years progressively responsible experience working with global health programs supporting health, infectious diseases, immunization, or development programs is required. Knowledge of emergency response/fragile states programming helpful.
• At least five years of progressively responsible experience in marketing , knowledge management, and communications; proven ability to develop a successful strategic communications and messaging program targeting a wide variety of audiences.
• Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities and environment is a must.
• Must have ability and history of managing people, providing mentorship and support for growth in the communications, advocacy, campaign implementation methods, as well as experience working with interns or volunteers.
• Demonstrated strong written and oral communications skills in English and French and ability to communicate complex technical information to a variety of audiences and stakeholders including senior-level managers, country-level health officials, UN, senior level USG delegations, inter-agency partners and host government counterparts is required. French skills highly desirable.
• Gender and health systems strengthening expertise helpful. A deep appreciation for and ability to articulate to diverse audiences, the mission, achievements, and contributions of CORE Group; a record of success as an innovative and collaborative leader in a mission-driven organization with numerous and distributed stakeholders
• Proven ability to execute a communications strategy across all platforms–traditional, digital, and social.
• Exemplary writing and interpersonal communications skills; a refined and nuanced ability to craft content, create connections, and disseminate messages in ways that reflect, engage, and enhance various complex community and cultural perspectives.
• Excellent creative and design sensibilities, with a strong understanding of the communications process from creative concept through production and execution. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva preferred.
• Successful track record of prioritizing and influencing key audiences using data and analytics to ensure effectiveness, measure success, and adjust as appropriate.
• Excellent collaborator, engaging in cross-department planning and strategy sessions, with exposure to all staff and levels of the organization.
• Proven experience in fostering a team- and goal-oriented environment that empowers staff through active communication and delegation; a leadership style that builds confidence, promotes diversity of thought, and celebrates achievements.
• A personal and professional commitment to diversity in all its forms and across all audiences, internal and external
• Resourceful, goal-oriented individual with a strong work ethic, personal integrity and sense of humor and perspective
• Ability to multi-task, work virtually with ease.
• Familiarity with webinar/online platforms such as Zoom or Webex required
• WordPress website management experience required.
• Familiarity with MailChimp or Constant Contact preferred.
The position may be based in Washington DC or remote (Sahel). Position start date is immediate. Salary range is $60,000 - $68,000 per annum.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use
“Manager_KM & Communications_Last Name” as the subject line – no phone calls please. Only potential interviewees will be contacted.