InterAction is the largest U.S. based coalition of international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) with 180+ members working around the world in low- and middle-income countries, fragile and post-conflict states, and emerging/growth economies. Member organizations are large and small, secular and faith-based, with a focus on people living in the world’s most poor and vulnerable places. The U.S. public, foundations, and governments support the work of our member NGOs that collectively invest and manage more than $15.4 billion a year. InterAction revenues come from dues, government grants, private foundation and corporate grants, and a fee-for-service program portfolio. Using its collective voice and convening power, InterAction seeks to shape important policy decisions and actions across a wide range of issues – including foreign assistance, humanitarian relief, development, economic equity, food security, and climate change – that advance human dignity, human potential, and self-determination.
To learn more about InterAction's mission, DEI approach, values and more visit the link below:
About the Position:
The Membership Associate is an integral part of the Membership & Public Engagement Team supporting the member services, and administrative functions of the team.
This is a full-time, in-office position, based at InterAction’s Headquarters in Washington, DC. InterAction’s office is currently remote with plans to return in February or March.
The position reports to the Director, Membership.
- Support the Director, Membership, and Vice President, Membership & Public engagement on Member and public outreach, and follow up.
- Support the Director, Membership in executing overall membership strategy, including retaining + growing membership, trends/outlook, et al.
- Support the Director and VP to prepare quarterly Membership & Standards Committee meeting materials.
- Support annual dues renewal, calculation, and collection process. Work closely with Finance & Administration on membership dues invoicing and tracking.
- Collect, organize, and analyze membership data. Pull reports for staff when needed.
- Supports Director, Membership in scheduling, booking, participating in onboarding new Member orientations.
- Supports working group approval/follow up requests.
- Receive, schedule and support Member requests for utilizing InterAction’s Julia Taft Conference Center and serves as on-site liaison for these meetings. Monitor and compile conference center supplies needed, monthly. (Once office is fully opened.)
- Assist team in outreach and information dissemination to prospective Members and serve as a contact between InterAction and Member organizations regarding membership issues.
- Draft, edit and distribute correspondence with and between Members, InterAction staff and leadership.
- Support and maintain tools to provide analysis of current and prospective members as well as the broader NGO sector.
- Supports Director in annual CEO Values + Principles Commitment, and 5-year Self-Certification Plus process.
- Assists in coordination of Forum and CEO Retreat (annual events) logistics, including Member and sponsorship follow up, relevant event material dissemination, web content, et al.
- Develop visual aids (Power Point presentations, etc.) for Board and new Member meetings.
- Reconciliation of monthly American Express statement.
- Weekly updating of press contacts.
- Participate in various internal committees and processes, such as DEI Working Group, Staff/Teams Strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in customer service/event planning.
- Prior experience working with a database (Salesforce and AirTable experience preferred).
- Prior experience working with Teams and/or Zoom platforms.
- Association/Nonprofit Management Experience preferred.
- Ability to interface with senior level staff and other senior level partners.
- Strong organizational skills including strong office/clerical skills and experience.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent speaking, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Minimal to no travel required.
- Strong priority setting and skills in fast-paced environment, shifting priorities/focus.
- Comfortable and effective in an autonomous work environment.
- High-level problem solving; capacity to examine institutional problems/challenges with a fresh eye and recommend creative solutions.
- Comfortable greeting Members and guests arriving for meetings.
- Able to rapidly synthesize and share information; serve as information conduit within InterAction membership, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Deep sense of compassion, justice, and equity.
- Flexibility and effectiveness in working towards long- and short-term priorities and relationships.
- Natural ability to relate well to people from diverse backgrounds, mission groups, interest areas, political persuasions, and ethnicities.
Expected Start Date:
As soon as possible.
Base Salary and Benefits:
$45,000 and a generous benefits package.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. InterAction will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please include cover letter with your online application. Position will remain open until filled, but applications received before 2/4/22 are preferred. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those moving forward with next steps in the recruitment process will be notified. No phone calls please!