ALLMEP is seeking an Operations Manager to serve in a cross-functional role to support all of ALLMEP’s operations worldwide in order to optimize our systems. Reporting to the U.S. Director, and collaborating closely with the Executive Director, Regional Director, and colleagues in the United States and the Middle East, the Operations Manager will be responsible for the management and improvement of ALLMEP’s organizational processes as ALLMEP continues to grow.
The ideal candidate will have strong project management and administrative skills, experience handling financial coding and reporting, and the ability to work independently and recommend solutions to challenges.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and U.S. Director to develop and improve internal ALLMEP policies and procedures;
- Structure and maintain all ALLMEP systems including, but not limited to, AirTable, Google Drive, Box, and Basecamp;
- Structure and maintain ALLMEP’s knowledge management systems;
- Work closely with the Executive Director and U.S. Director to improve and manage ALLMEP’s internal communications systems;
- Assist the U.S. Director with the annual audit and monthly financial reporting requirements;
- Manage giving portals and platforms, including annual certification and charitable solicitation registration;
- Ensure that every member of staff has the equipment and operational support needed to effectively perform their roles; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in operations or administrative role;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work streams simultaneously;
- Creative, flexible, and detail-oriented, with the ability to foresee and solve problems;
- Financial management knowledge, including familiarity with nonprofit financial management, coding, and reporting practices, and comfort with developing and navigating budgets;
- Ability and willingness to travel 5% percent of the time; and
- Bachelor’s degree required.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. ALLMEP will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Washington, DC or remote
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$75,000 commensurate with experience. ALLMEP’s benefits package includes 100% employer-paid health insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance for its employees and dependents, as well as generous vacation and a 401(k) plan retirement account.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and the names of at least two references to email@example.com with the subject line: Operations Manager. Materials must address the requirements listed. The position will remain open until filled, but applications will be reviewed as received.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation that they are legally eligible to work in the United States on a full time basis. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices in Europe, Israel, and Palestine, the Alliance for Middle East Peace (ALLMEP) is the largest and fastest growing network of Palestinian and Israeli peacebuilders. We envision a Middle East in which our community of Palestinian and Israeli peacebuilders lead their societies toward and beyond a sustainable peace.
With a coalition of over 150 organizations—and tens of thousands of Israelis and Palestinians—we foster cooperation that increases impact, add stability in times of crisis, and build an environment conducive to peace over the long term.
On the ground, our expert team, drawn from both the shared society and cross-border communities, works to incentivize cooperation and develop partnerships, as well as provide member services and programming, so that our community operates with greater strategic impact. Internationally, our teams in the United States and Europe work to amplify the visibility of members in the media and in the corridors of power, and to ensure that the field is adequately resourced, so that it can reach its inherent potential. This is not merely an ambition. To date, our advocacy has helped to introduce more than $380 million in government support into the field, including the creation of USAID’s Conflict Management and Mitigation Fund and the Nita M. Lowey Middle East Partnership for Peace Act, as well as funding from international governments.