Operations & Membership Manager
POSITION: Operations and Membership Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Administration and Executive Director
The purpose of this position is to provide overall office management and coordination for CORE Group activities including online and in-person event management, membership support, and human resources, ensuring administrative excellence for the organization. In this vital support role, this employee interacts with all facets of CORE Group daily operations and the extended International Community Health Network.
This is an exciting position for someone that loves working with people and believes in the power of collaboration. If you are a positive, creative and out-going person, who is dynamic in their interpersonal relationships - this is the job for you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Liaise with vendors, contractors and consultants to ensure smooth operations: IT Support, office supplies, phone, internet, travel, insurance, and other procurement needs etc.
• Manage office (including mailings and supplies) and serve as liaison to all office and building contractors.
• Schedule and facilitate semi-monthly staff meetings.
• Maintain files and records both on the shared drive and in written form.
• Maintain the Executive Director’s (ED) schedule as needed.
• Establish and maintain office systems including administrative guidelines and SOPs.
• Supervise temporary administrative staff and interns as necessary.
• Support staff, consultant and guest travel domestically and internationally as necessary.
• Support Project Staff as requested.
Administration, Finance and Human Resources
• Board of Directors (BOD) support: taking and filing minutes, tracking resolutions, maintaining BOD SharePoint, and supporting activities of BOD committees.
• Support hiring process: reviewing applications, scheduling interviews, pre-hire paperwork, etc.
• Manage onboarding process of new staff and interns.
• Ensure quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of administrative and human resource policies and procedures, incorporating staff feedback.
• Conduct government due diligence checks for vendors, employees, and others
• Work with Director of Finance on membership accounts and payments.
• Accurately track and submit expenses for reimbursement
• Act as first and primary contact for prospective CORE Group Members.
• Develop, facilitate, and manage applications for membership approval process, and prepare quarterly membership reports for the Board of Directors.
• Ensure quality and efficiency of membership process and procedures.
• Update and maintain the CORE Group Membership Database (MemberClicks/Oasis AMS experience highly encouraged).
• Design and implement membership engagement strategies to support growing membership, in collaboration with other CORE Group staff.
• Ensure accurate membership renewal processing; background in accounts processing is highly desirable.
Assist with the logistical management, execution, and analysis of meetings and workshops, including CORE Group’s annual conferences, including:
• Manage venue selection and negotiation of contracts.
• Liaise with vendors to ensure timely and accurate on-site services, including F&B, AV, room set-up, etc.
• Monitor participant registration, payment, and attendance, etc.
• Manage event budget and provide regular reports of revenue/expenses
• Manage growing Event Volunteer program.
• Coordinate event marketing and meeting materials with CORE Group Communications/KM Team.
• Oversee and contribute to conference/event/session design and content and manage information around content of conferences and events.
• Design new logistical processes to support growing meetings as needed.
• Process Sponsorship payments and ensure Sponsors receive Sponsorship materials.
Perform other duties as assigned using judgment and initiative.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree and related administrative, organizational and analytical experience required. High quality work and attention to detail is essential in this role. Masters or MBA highly desirable.
- 7-10 years of consortium management, membership management, human resources, and/or office management preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate a customer service orientation by responding to difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Dynamic, outgoing and creative person who enjoys working with people and the “customer service” element of membership engagement.
- Strategic thinker, who can provide constructive and meaningful ideas/solutions for CORE Group membership growth and engagement, office management, and events.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, work independently and meet deadlines, and enjoy diversity of tasks. Attention to detail is a must!
- Must demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing work schedules, work-flow and job duties.
- Must have the ability to work successfully as a part of the team, as well as independently.
- Event planning experience a plus.
- Experience with WordPress and MemberClicks/Oasis Association Management Software highly desirable.
- Knowledge/interest in global public health
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish helpful.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Use “Manager_Operations.Membership” as the subject line. No phone calls please. Only potential interviewees will be contacted. Women of color, LGBTQI+, people living with disabilities, and women are encouraged to apply.