Program Assistant/ Program Officer
Program Assistant / Program Officer
The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL) is seeking a full-time Program Assistant or Program Officer based in Washington, DC.
This is a unique opportunity to support international programs focused on human rights and civil society law around the world. ICNL works with governments, civil society organizations, the United Nations, and other groups to protect civil society and fundamental freedoms in over 100 countries. The position supports a range of programs and provides valuable experience for candidates interested in pursuing a career in human rights or international development. Please see www.icnl.org for additional information on our work.
Under the direction of ICNL’s President or his designee, the Program Assistant/Program Officer will undertake the following duties:
- Assist with ICNL’s programs and operations around the world;
- Assist with research and editing of reports and other documents;
- Work with staff to prepare ICNL’s annual report and other communications materials;
- Assist with the maintenance of ICNL’s website, social media, and knowledge products;
- Prepare and help manage contracts and subgrants;
- Assist with program development and proposals;
- Assist with the organization of study tours, fellowships, workshops, and conferences;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred;
- At least 2 years of professional experience preferred (3 years for Program Officer);
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Superior administrative and organizational skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of social media, including Twitter and Facebook;
- Familiarity with Dreamweaver, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, basic HTML, and other web design tools is strongly preferred.
The candidate must also possess legal authorization to work in the United States.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary and excellent benefits, based on experience and qualifications.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and writing sample (no more than 5 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 20, 2017. Please reference "Program Assistant/Program Officer" in the subject line.
Only finalists will be contacted - no phone calls please. ICNL is an equal opportunity employer.