Program Associate, Humanitarian Policy & Practice
Job Title: Program Associate
Team: Humanitarian Policy and Practice
Reports to: Program Manager, Humanitarian Practice
Position Summary: The Program Associate will provide administrative and logistical support for the Humanitarian Policy and Practice (HPP) team and InterAction members, including InterAction Working Groups, and other humanitarian work streams and activities.
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- Experience working as part of a team, and facilitating cross team collaboration
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Strong commitment to InterAction mission and values
- Graduate Degree in related field
- Knowledge of international issues, particularly those related to the field of humanitarian response in armed conflict and natural disaster
- Experience in organizing and supporting workshops and meetings
- Previous experience with humanitarian response in disaster, armed conflict or refugee settings
- Cross-cultural experience (work, study, travel) in developing countries
- Familiarity with USAID/OFDA and US Department of State/PRM reporting requirements
- Ensure effective support to HPP thematic and context-specific working groups: organizing annual work planning cycles and meetings, preparing materials in support of the Working Group activities and meeting agendas, arranging room space and refreshments, maintaining participant lists, tracking and disseminating action points following meetings and monitoring follow-up action as needed.
- Maintain the HPP components of InterAction’s websites, including selecting and posting documents, reports, press releases and other information of interest to InterAction membership and the general public.
- Ensure the timely and efficient flow of information in support of InterAction members and working groups.
- Liaise with external counterparts in US government, UN agencies and other NGO consortia regarding HPP and its work, and facilitate inter-agency liaison, coordination and collaboration.
- Organize events, such as workshops, roundtable discussions, and other events and meetings in close collaboration with other HPP staff and members domestically and internationally.
- Ensure timely support to InterAction NGO member staff, including responding to member inquiries regarding InterAction’s working groups, key issues and contexts of concern.
- Assist and support HPP team members, including the Vice President, on an as-needed basis.
- Assist with grant submissions and reporting as required.
- Maintain up-to-date HPP email lists for relevant thematic issues and countries. Write, edit, vet, and disseminate email communications for the lists from the HPP email accounts.
- Be an active member of InterAction’s HPP team and promote collaboration with other InterAction teams.
- Provide guidance and mentorship on InterAction systems and procedures to new HPPT staff.
- As part of an organization-wide effort, play a role in organizing the annual InterAction Forum.
- Complete administrative tasks related to liaising with the finance and administrative team.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
- Ability to proactively and independently follow through on tasks and responsibilities in detail-oriented manner with limited supervision.
- Superior interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional manner and with colleagues of varied work styles.
- Excellent planning, organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage time effectively, even under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Interest in deepening knowledge and experience in humanitarian policy and practice.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. InterAction will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Salary & Benefits
InterAction provides competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line containing: Program Associate, HPP. Cover letter and resume must directly address the above listed requirements. Position will remain open until filled but applications received before May 1st are preferred.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only finalists will be notified.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation that they are legally eligible to work in the United States for an extended period of time.
No phone calls please.