Program & Partnership Coordinator
TITLE: Program & Partnership Coordinator
LOCATION: Amman, Jordan
New Position for IOCC’s field office in Amman, Jordan! This position reports to the Country Representative and works closely with the Project Manager.
Position Summary: The Program & Partnership Coordinator (PPC) will work under the direction of IOCC Country Representative, and in coordination with the IOCC Project Manager, in ensuring the quality of IOCC’s relief, early recovery, and development projects in Jordan – in line with IOCC and donor policies, procedures, and requirements. The PPC’s responsibilities also include, but are not limited to: supporting the Program Department in ensuring high quality implementation of project activities and reporting requirements; focusing on maintaining IOCC’s relationships with key stakeholders while also identifying, building and growing new partnerships; supporting the Country Representative on business development initiatives; supporting the Project Manager on all day to day tasks and activities related to projects. Additionally, the PPC will contribute to strategic initiatives and complete special projects as assigned.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Represent IOCC in assigned coordination/working groups, forums, and meetings with donor, NGO, UN, government officials, local church, and other representatives.
• Support the identification of potential partnerships.
• Establish, develop, and maintain contacts and relationships with current and new partners and other key stakeholders.
• Assist with organizing visits by donors, IOCC staff, and other guests and visitors to IOCC Jordan.
2. Leadership and Management:
• Support the Country Representative and program team in the implementation of relief, early recovery, and development projects, as assigned, in accordance with the mission and goals of IOCC, IOCC and donor regulations, grant agreements and modifications, project timelines, work plans, and budgets to meet project objectives and serve targeted populations.
• Ensure day-to-day implementation of assigned project(s) with frequent visits to the field.
• Conduct data quality assessments, both programmatic and financial with IOCC field staff and local partners, ensuring proper documentation and compliance and that files correspond with reporting; verifying project files and supporting documentation; and coordinating with management to address problems with data quality, if identified.
• Work closely with the IOCC MEAL Coordinator and Project Manager to ensure project management tools are in place and properly utilized for assigned projects, supporting monthly review of M&E plans progress, indicator tracking tables, work plans, etc.
• Participate in and, as assigned, lead the accurate and timely completion of internal and external narrative reports.
• Support sub-recipient management process and capacity building, in coordination with the Country Representative and the Project Manager.
3. Business Development:
• Support IOCC Jordan in strengthening its evidence base, including participating in and/or leading needs assessments and utilizing data, for project design.
• Build relationships with key stakeholders to promote future business development opportunities.
• Prepare needed communications and technical material.
• Support identification of potential, new partners, including conducting sub-recipient assessment processes with relevant IOCC Jordan staff.
• Lead project design workshops with IOCC and local partner staff, as requested
4. Financial Management:
• Support the Project Manager and Finance & Administration Manager in the financial management of assigned projects, including (but not limited to) tracking expenditures, regular budget reviews and forecasting, providing input for cash requests, etc.
• Participate in and, as assigned, lead the accurate and timely completion of internal and external financial reports.
• Work closely with the Country Representative, Finance & Administration Manager, and Administration & Support Officer, on implementation of project-related procurements, including (but not limited to) selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, ensuring good procurement practices are followed, and alignment of actions with IOCC and donor requirements.
5. People Management:
• Act as a support role to the Project Manager in oversight and supervision of staff reporting to him/her.
6. Security Management:
• Adhere to and ensure that IOCC Jordan’s Safety & Security Plan is implemented throughout project planning, design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of IOCC and donor safety and security procedures and oversee implantation of such procedures at the field level.
7. Country Specific:
• Stay abreast of humanitarian, political, social, and other developments that may impact IOCC’s activities in Jordan and share relevant information within the IOCC Jordan office.
• Support the Country Representative in strategic planning for the IOCC Jordan office and development and implementation of plans and processes.
Minimally Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Relationship Management: Proven experience building relationships and communicating with key stakeholders, including top organizational executives and decision makers.
• Project/Partner Management: Ability to thrive in an environment with changing priorities; proven ability to manage a variety of tasks and activities simultaneously; impeccable attention to detail and consistently accurate; resourceful with strong researching experience and capability; organized to shepherd and coordinate information from various sources; can implement and follow an effective follow up and check-up procedure; able to manage all projects from inception to implementation or delivery; skilled and savvy with training others, when necessary.
• Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Power-point, Share-point, and internet applications.
• Communication: Advanced verbal and written skills using different forms of media; ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels; provides continuous proactive verbal and/or written status of updates of activity.
• Humanitarian Context: Knowledge of the Syria crisis and its impact on neighboring countries, knowledge of key donor agencies (such as US government, EU governments, ecumenical agencies, and UN agencies) and their procedures, guidelines, policies, and compliance requirements. Knowledge of Arabic is a plus. Knowledge and/or experience with disability programming is a plus.
• Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational, filing, and planning skills; proven ability to set priorities, meet tight deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision; proven ability to coordinate multiple activities quickly and efficiently; ability to observe standard office policies and procedures.
• Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team; ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment and contribute to problem-solving; and ability to quickly learn and fully support old and new systems, processes and procedures.
• Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues and maintain a high degree of professional etiquette and decorum.
Minimally Required Education, Experience, and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in international development or affairs, political science, or a related field required.
• 2-3 three years’ experience working with an international NGO or donor on international relief and development programs (including reporting)
• 1-2 years’ experience in partnership building and/or business development
To Apply: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, add the position to the subject line and attach a current resume or CV.