Panagora Group is a social enterprise dedicated to providing high-quality, high-impact international health, development, and learning consulting. We are a dynamic woman- and employee-owned small business partner focused on market-based and integrated local solutions that strengthen country capacity and independence; and on learning, communications, and technology solutions to accelerate and heighten impact. As a small business, we are able to implement novel and innovative approaches using highly participatory approaches to mobilize community, civil society, and government energy in defining and owning solutions, and to promote inclusive development that benefits all groups.
Panagora is currently working remotely due to the pandemic and will continue for the near term, after which we anticipate adopting a hybrid work schedule including fully and partially remote work schedules based on current federal, state, and local pandemic guidance.
The Senior Human Resources (HR) Specialist is responsible for helping Panagora achieve its mission by managing several aspects of our human resource services, including benefits administration, performance management and professional development, employee relations, compliance and records management, training and development, and integration of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) principals.
- Leads new hire benefits orientation and onboarding in coordination with Office Administrator and relevant departments, ensuring a consistent and high-quality onboarding experience for new employees. Additionally manages the home office Buddy Program for new hires
- Leads overall benefits administration for the company, including open enrollment and renewal process for US-based staff; international health benefits for U.S. Nationals (USNs) and Third-country Nationals (TCNs)
- Provides management support in the administration of 401k and ESOP programs by disseminating information, responding to inquiries, and providing audit support
- Oversees the employee separation and offboarding administration process, ensuring consistent and timely completion of all departure checklist tasks, including leave payout, system deactivation, and exit interviews
- Manages the overall corporate performance evaluation process by orienting new supervisors to the 6-month and annual evaluation process, tracking and reminding employees and their supervisors of upcoming evaluation dates, and regularly reviewing and updating resources, forms, and job aids
- Provides employee relations support by responding to management and performance challenges and counseling and coaching supervisors and supervises on workplace conflict, performance management, and corrective action, as required
- Conducts investigations and supports the termination and offboarding of staff as required. Serves as a back-up ombudsman, as needed
- Collaborates with the Director, Global Human Resources on capacity building and development initiatives, including competency-based learning, development pathways for employees, and compliance training
- Manages the Panagora training assistance program by handling requests and tracking annual reimbursements
- Collaborates closely with the Director, Global Human Resources in filing government compliance reports such as EEO-1, Affirmative Action Plan (AAP), etc.
- Maintains employee and other HR records according to policy and legal requirements (e.g., EEO data, etc.); compile reports and respond to audit requests as required
- Evaluates and revises existing HR systems and procedures to ensure compliance with the company’s DEI program and objectives
- Responds in a timely manner to employee HR requests; helps to resolve and troubleshoot issues
- Maintains necessary HR checklists, password lists, etc.
- Leads knowledge management of HR policies and procedures
- Works with Director, Global Human Resources on special HR and administrative initiatives and projects.
- Maintains compliance with policies and procedures regarding all human resources practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field
- 8+ years of generalist HR experience with increasing responsibility, preferably with an international development organization
- Working knowledge of benefits and performance management, compensation practices, performance management, talent development, EEO/Affirmative Action Program compliance, and HR reporting and record keeping
- Proven experience evaluating and making improvements to existing HR programs
- Ability to develop and deliver HR training materials related to human resources, compliance, and other topics, as needed.
- HRMS system savvy and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Well-versed in US labor and employment laws
- Demonstrated experience working in culturally diverse team environments.
- Proficient in MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple functions, anticipate needs, and follow through
- Ability to problem-solve, resolve conflict, and make decisions
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret data
- Good judgment and ability to work independently, but also as a team player, demonstrating strong initiative and energy, as well as a cooperative spirit
- Organized and results oriented
- Ability to work in complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees displaying exceptional customer service
- Experience using Costpoint and iSolved is a plus
- Experience with international HR and USAID preferred
- SPHR/PHR Certification or equivalent qualification in HR
- Training experience and skills
Reports to: Global Human Resource Director
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and based on guidance from the CDC, federal and local government agencies, the position is expected to be fully remote until further notice. Panagora Group anticipates moving to a hybrid work schedule in the future, including fully and partially remote work schedules. COVID vaccination will be required to work onsite at Panagora home office or project site located on US Government property.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship.
Panagora Group, Inc. offers competitive salaries including regular performance reviews and merit increases with an excellent insurance program (health, dental and vision) paid leave, holidays, bonuses, employee assistance program, training and development assistance, commuter allowance, phone allowance, Society for International Development and Humentum Memberships, as well as employee stock ownership (ESOP) and 401K programs.