Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor/Deputy Chief of Party, USAID West Africa PELA II
As a prime contractor under USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract, Panagora Group seeks an experienced Research Director for the anticipated USAID-funded Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adaptation II (PELA II) Activity. This activity is designed to enhance USAID’s effectiveness in preventing and countering violent extremism, peacebuilding, and strengthening democracy, human rights, and good governance by strengthening the Mission’s implementation of programs; coordination of its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism in the West Africa region.
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor coordinates and serves as main point of contact for all Activity MEL and Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) tasks and reporting. The Senior MEL Advisor will have the status of Deputy Chief of Party and be capable of directing and managing the Activity in the absence of the Research Director. The ideal candidate brings expert capabilities in the design of evaluative tools and implementation of evaluation methods, with strong oversight and team management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support in the conception, development, and implementation of MEL and CLA related tasks
- Support West Africa's Regional Peace and Governance Office's (RPGO) implementing partners in developing and implementing appropriate monitoring and evaluating tools
- Provide guidance on the implementation of alternative MEL approaches and identify appropriate evaluation questions to support evidence-based programming approaches
- Identify discrepancies in implementing partners M&E systems and recommend appropriate solutions
- Support the design of evaluation instruments and performance and impact evaluations management, analysis, and processing of data to inform project planning and M&E
- Provides management, analysis, and processing of data to inform project planning and M&E
- Master’s degree in international development, monitoring and evaluation, conflict resolution and peacebuilding, or related field
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in research, planning, and monitoring of donor-funded projects
- Demonstrated experience leading monitoring and evaluating conflict/CVE components of related activities or contracts
- Demonstrated and progressive experience managing contracts or contract components of similar nature, size and complexity, preferably for USAID or other donors in a deputy chief of party or equivalent position
- Familiarity with internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the Activity
- Demonstrated ability in management, analysis, and processing of data to inform project planning and M&E
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing comprehensive M&E systems
Familiarity with programming development assistance; experience in Countering Violent Extremism or peace promotion preferred
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing and mentoring staff, preferably in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience
- Experience with USAID/West Africa regional mission is preferred
- Fluency in English and French
Level of Effort: This is a long-term position based in Accra, Ghana
To Apply: Please fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.