Job Title: Accounting Associate
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Location: Beverly, MA
Job DescriptionBuild Health International is a unique nonprofit organization working in low-resource settings to develop infrastructure solutions that elevate the quality and accessibility of healthcare worldwide. BHI designs, builds, maintains, and provides clinical and operational consulting for healthcare facilities in low and middle-income countries. BHI has worked in over 70 countries and is dedicated to partnering with local ministries of health and NGOs that provide high-quality, accessible treatment to the most vulnerable populations. Grounded in commitments to sustainability, health equity, and local capacity building. BHI is focused on creating a real, tangible impact that will last for years to come.
In order to support our expanding portfolio of design-build projects, we are seeking an ambitious and passionate Staff Accountant/Bookkeeper. In the role, the candidate will support and collaborate closely with our Architecture and Engineering, Construction, and Finance departments.
- Prepare and disburse payments to vendors.
- Post transactions involving cash receipts, disbursements, and accounts payable and receivable to the ledger accounts.
- Properly code charges for posting cost categories.
- Assist Senior Accountant in recording and reconciling credit cards and bank accounts.
- Interpret contract provisions in order to identify allowable/non-allowable expenditures.
- Resolve problems regarding budget limitations, allocations, or modifications and prepare and
prepare the necessary documentation.
- Provide technical assistance in the preparation of reimbursable documents to contractors,
subcontractors, or other agencies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Two or more years of accounting experience.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Excel and QuickBooks.
- Ability to work both independently and within a small team environment.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to quickly adapt to change.
- French and/or Spanish proficiency is a plus.
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, as well as health, dental, disability, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity in the workplace. BHI will make all employment and other placement decisions without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. Applies to all areas, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.
Application: To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume online to https://www.buildhealthinternational.org/were-hiring/