Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Planet Aid is a nonprofit organization that collects and recycles used textiles to protect the environment and support sustainable development in impoverished communities around the world. We are seeking a full-time Chief Financial Officer who will report to the CEO, in our Corporate Office located in Elkridge, MD.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for Planet Aid Inc. has primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing, and running of all the finance activities, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting, government contracts, audits, and procurement.
The Chief Financial Officer directs and oversees the financial activities of Planet Aid, directs the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and creates forecasts predicting future growth.
- Provide strategic leadership of finances, disbursements, and cash flow
- Advise on short and long-term business strategies and financial planning
- Build a new and effective accounting department based in Maryland
- Provide leadership, direction, training and management of the finance and accounting team
- Prepare annual budgets with the financial team
- Responsible for all regular audits and periodical reviews by state and federal agencies
- Manage and oversee accounting and audits of USG contracts
- Integrate and streamline operational and financial data to improve decision making
- Work with department heads on financial and operational strategies
- Prepare financial statements as required by Planet Aid’s agreements with financial institutions
- Oversee approximately 25 states annual filings, sales tax reporting, and other reporting to states and local governments
- Review the planning process and suggest improvements to current methods in accounting and finance, internal and external controls
- Oversee grant approval process and ensure excellent documentation retention
- Cultivate connections to banks, auditors, and other important institutions and partners.
- Study long-range economic trends and project their impact on future growth
- Work with the CEO and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process of five-year plans (2020-2024, 2025-2030)
- EDUCATION: Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required. Certified Public Accountant preferred
- EXPERIENCE: At least 10 years' experience in the NGO/non-profit sector and/or manufacturing industry. Experience in managing a team is a must
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be fluent in English
- COMMUNICATION: Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with, and at, all levels throughout the organization: organizational and learning agility will be key
- OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Expert-level computer skills and applications such as Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook. Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems. Experience with NetSuite preferred. Strong business and financial skills, including financial planning, budgeting, and financial reporting
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand or sit, and frequently required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- TRAVEL: Must be able to travel to other Planet Aid units 20% or more of the time and manage staff remotely
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office settings with limited exposure to the elements.