Consultant: Shelter and Settlements Animation
Consultancy: Shelter & Settlements Animations
InterAction is the largest U.S. based coalition of international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) with 180+ members working around the world in low- and middle-income countries, fragile and post-conflict states, and emerging/growth economies. Member organizations are large and small, secular and faith-based, with a focus on people living in the world’s most poor and vulnerable places. The U.S. public, foundations, and governments support the work of our member NGOs that collectively invest and manage more than $15.4 billion a year. InterAction revenues come from dues, government grants, private foundation and corporate grants, and a fee-for-service program portfolio. Using its collective voice and convening power, InterAction seeks to shape important policy decisions and actions across a wide range of issues – including foreign assistance, humanitarian relief, development, economic equity, food security, and climate change – that advance human dignity, human potential, and self-determination.
To learn more about InterAction's mission, DEI approach, values and more visit the link below: https://www.interaction.org/about-interaction/interactions-approach-to-diversity-equity-inclusion/
InterAction is soliciting Expression of Interest (EoI) from consultants to develop 3 two-to-five-minute videos related to shelter and settlements.
InterAction’s Shelter team has developed several online courses and training products, including the Wider Impacts of Shelter & Settlements online course, Settlements Approach Guidance Note and online training, and Shelter & Settlements online training.
InterAction would like to make the training and lessons more widely accessible. The consultant will develop short videos for dissemination of the products, their concepts, and S&S sector advocacy and for use on social media.
Expected activities and deliverables:
- Clearly understand the objectives and target audience, familiarize with the relevant publications and trainings, and follow InterAction’s style sheet and branding standards (Style sheet and branding guidelines will be provided).
- Design and develop 3 two-to-five-minute videos for each of the identified work products:
- Wider Impacts: capture the wider impacts of shelter & settlements assistance on different aspects of affected families, and link how S&S assistance contributes to overarching humanitarian outcomes.
- Settlements Approach (SA): capture key characteristics, and how these contribute to linking emergency assistance with longer term recovery. In addition, visualize how SA can be a response methodology to address localization, climate, and other crisis drivers.
- Shelter & Settlements: illustrate why shelter, housing and settlements assistance is foundational in humanitarian assistance and highlight the role of safe, affordable, and secure S&S in affected people’s lives.
- Have good understanding of humanitarian principles and related terminology, as well as inclusive, accessible, and plain language principles.
- Understand graphics and animations suitable for mobile and online platforms.
- Additional requirements and guidance will be discussed with shortlisted candidates. Some graphics and videos from the existing work will be provided.
Period of Performance:
It is expected the work will extend over a period of three to four months. Consultant must be available from October through December 2023. All timelines are subject to change based on mutual agreement.
- Interested consultants should apply with the following documents by October 20, 2023. Applications will be reviewed as received. Only finalists will be contacted.
- Company profile or individual resume with contact details, background (highlighting specific experience in humanitarian assistance, if any) and qualifications (see above) as it pertains to the objectives of the work, relevant credentials, and any relevant partnering agreements.
- Suggested outline and overview describing the proposed methodology and concepts.
- Links to prior work samples.
- Detailed cost proposal and timeline with appropriate breakdown.
Questions/Comments: Incomplete Applications will not be considered.