Director of People & Operational Development
Job Title: Director of People & Operational Development
Reports to: Deputy Director, Partnerships and Administration
Location: Beverly, MA; Hybrid
Introduction: Build Health International (BHI) is a rapidly growing global health organization committed to health equity for all. In order to support our expanding team, we are seeking a motivated and compassionate Director of People & Operational Development to join our organization. BHI has a team of approximately 120 people working in 20 locations across the globe. The Director of People & Operations will play a critical role in managing our growing international team by building a cohesive people & leadership development plan. This includes developing growth plans, staff retention plans, training, and professional development opportunities.
Over the last two years, BHI has been uniquely positioned to lead the implementation of sustainable infrastructure solutions and expand as a leader in the global health equity space. Our team has seen exciting and fast-paced growth, and we’re excited to add a Director of People & Operational Development to build out our systems and culture in order to ensure BHI is a great place to work.
About BHI: BHI promotes global equity by building high-quality health infrastructure in resource-constrained countries. Founded in 2014, BHI is a dynamic organization that is growing rapidly to address unmet needs for health facility improvements in response to COVID-19 and other pressing public health challenges. With an experienced staff of architecture, engineering, and construction experts, dedicated to providing high-quality, dignified, and accessible health care infrastructure to the most vulnerable communities in collaboration with our international nonprofit partners. BHI is committed to sustainability, health equity, and local capacity building in all our work, and is quickly becoming a leader in Global Health internationally working closely with Partners in Health, The Global fund, WHO, The Gates Foundation, UNICEF, UNITAID, and many others.
BHI’s Approach: BHI optimizes outcomes in a climate of scarcity, enabling our partners to provide care to those who need it most. We work to make each healthcare facility part of robust public healthcare systems that will provide long-term quality, accessible, and affordable care to local communities.
● Beyond Infrastructure: Focused on providing dignified healthcare and bringing partners together to increase impact for patients, clinicians, and communities worldwide.
● Local Talent: Recruiting, training, and partnering with local labor and medical staff impacts economic development and facility longevity.
● Energy Efficiency: Stable electricity is one of the most significant barriers to improving health systems and services in low-resource settings; we aim to provide affordable, efficient, and operationally effective sources.
● Sustainability: Our multidisciplinary team and collaborative partners plan, design, and construct innovative solutions impacting health and environmental outcomes.
Key Responsibilities: BHI has a team of approximately 120 people working in 20 locations across the globe. The Director of People & Operational Development will play a critical role in developing, managing and expanding our growing international team. Specifically, this role will:
- Create and foster a diverse and inclusive international team culture focused on making BHI a great place to work.
- Manage the full life cycle of talent management and employee engagement initiatives related to onboarding, offboarding, staff engagement opportunities, professional development, retention plans, and training.
- Collaborate with the leadership team and staff to research, identify, manage and implement diverse professional and technical training opportunities in the fields of architecture, engineering, construction, medical oxygen, global health and inclusion.
- Ensure people & culture systems and practices are aligned with BHI’s core values, and are equally implemented across international teams.
- Develop and/or expand systems to track metrics and goals related to organizational success regarding team growth, staff retention, and leadership development.
- Perform an analysis and redevelopment of BHI’s performance evaluation systems.
- Support and develop organizational communications to ensure employees stay informed of training and development resources.
- Collaborate with organizational leadership on people-related initiatives, including compensation, benefits, and strategy development.
- Partner with the leadership team and BHI partners who manage administrative and compliance related issues including policies and immigration status.
- Collaborate closely with BHI’s growing international team to identify areas of internal leverage, need and growth.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of changing organizational people and culture trends, staff engagement opportunities, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred in Organization Development, Human Resources, or related field
- Skilled leader with at least 7 years of people management and training experience including a proven track record of developing and implementing successful recruitment, training, and staff development plans.
- Ability to influence across functions, geographies and levels, and the ability to work with various teams to drive alignment and collaboration.
- Experience working on an international team, or lived experience within various cultures or communities.
- People-centered manager who is able to build deep relationships with staff and whose strategies and communications are rooted in empathy and compassion.
- Experience building inclusive and engaged workplaces; cultural awareness and sensitivity with an equity lens.
- Strong collaborator on a global, fast-paced scale, across dispersed teams, building positive relationships.
- A passion for BHI’s mission and deep commitment to our goal of elevating the quality and accessibility of healthcare worldwide;
- Demonstrated interest in current and emerging issues in global health or international development
- Ability and willingness for occasional international travel to project sites and teams.
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
Location: Based in Beverly, Massachusetts, with the opportunity for a hybrid home/office schedule. International travel may be required when conditions allow.
Compensation: The salary range for this role is $90,000-$110,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, disability, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity in the workplace. BHI will make all employment and other placement decisions without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. This applies to all areas, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.
This search is being run by NRG Consulting Group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.