Executive Assistant to the CEO
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Reports to: President and Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Classification: Regular, Full time
Founded in 1984, InterAction is the largest U.S.-based alliance of international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and partners. We mobilize our Members to think and act collectively to serve the world’s poor and vulnerable, with a shared belief that we can make the world a more peaceful, just and prosperous place – together. Using our collective voice and convening power, we seek to shape important policy decisions and actions across a wide range of issues – including foreign assistance, humanitarian relief, development, economic equity, food security, and climate change.
Our Members are premier international global development, humanitarian, and sector-supporting organizations that work in almost every country and manage more than $15.4 billion in programs annually. InterAction’s revenues come from dues, government, private foundation and corporate grants, and fee-for-service programs. Additional information can be found at www.interaction.org.
Reporting to the President and CEO, this position ensures the smooth operations of the Executive Office by providing professional support to operations, Board engagement and governance processes, and support for special projects. The role involves a combination of administrative support, project coordination, communication support, streamlining and prioritizing workflows, and stakeholder management. This role has a wide degree of creativity and latitude to apply judgment and is responsible for confidential and time-sensitive material. This position interacts with leadership and all staff to ensure efficient operations in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Assist the CEO by managing engagement with high-level external partners, CEOs of Member organizations, and InterAction’s Board of Directors.
- Schedule internal and external meeting requests, manage the CEO’s calendar and domestic and international travel, manage the Executive Office’s budget and expense reporting, and maintain an Executive Office electronic filing system.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Board meetings, including setting internal deadlines, preparing Board books, taking minutes, overseeing Board Committees, staffing the Nominations Committee, and onboarding of new Board members.
- Manage the process to develop InterAction’s strategic plan, coordinating input from the CEO, Executive team and other stakeholders.
- Draft and refine correspondence, talking points, blogs, articles, and other communications in collaboration with the CEO and Executive Team.
- Support the logistics of CEO’s fundraising and outreach to donors.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three or more years related experience supporting senior management or executive-level staff.
- Strong project management, organizational, and oral and written communication skills; keen attention to detail.
- Previous experience working with boards of directors and knowledge of board governance.
- Excellent customer service orientation and ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Ability to work both collaboratively within a team environment and independently.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite especially the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with international policy, development, public administration, public policy, or business organizations.
- Prior work with NGOs or government agencies engaged in foreign affairs and policy or multilateral institutions.
- Experience supporting and coordinating the administrative functions of an extremely busy executive office.
- Direct experience with trade associations, nonprofit, membership or related organizations highly desirable.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position does not supervise employees.
65,000-80,000 per year. Additionally, InterAction offers an excellent benefits package.
Domestic Travel: Two to three times a year
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic covered by law.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. InterAction will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation that they are legally eligible to work in the United States for an extended period.
Applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. InterAction will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
InterAction does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of InterAction and InterAction will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.