Momentum Wheels for Humanity is one of the only organizations in the world with expertise in developing both rehabilitation and Assistive Technology (AT) services in low- and middle-income countries.
Since 1996, Momentum Wheels for Humanity has increased access to mobility and improved quality of life for children and adults with physical disabilities in more than 50 low- and middle-income countries, providing more than 125,000 wheelchairs and other AT reaching more than 440,000 people through programming. Momentum Wheels for Humanity builds and strengthens rehabilitation services within health systems through training and capacity building, policy and standards development, and supply and distribution of wheelchairs and other assistive products.
With an expanding global presence, Momentum Wheel for Humanity’s Headquarters are based in Los Angeles, California, and currently has Field Office locations in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Pakistan, Peru, Tajikistan, Uganda, and Ukraine. Fiscal Year 2023-2024 annual operating budget is $11.2 million. For more information, please visit https://momentum4humanity.org/.
With an entrepreneurial mindset, the Executive Director (ED) will be the face of the organization, responsible for leading and advancing Momentum Wheels for Humanity’s vision, strategic initiatives, and priorities to promote greater global inclusion for people with disabilities through mobility, therapy, advocacy, and empowerment. The ED will report to the President & CEO of Momentum (parent company) and work closely with the members of the Momentum Wheel for Humanity Board of Directors. The ED will provide maximum quality services, while ensuring the adequacy and soundness of the organization's structure by establishing and maintaining current and long-range objectives.
- Candidates should have at least ten years of senior-level management experience with increasing responsibility.
- Experience working within an international organization is preferred.
- Substantial expertise in oversight of multi-year funded programs, preferably through USAID or the Department of State would be highly valued.
- Candidates with demonstrated experience with major gifts, volunteer management and board relations will be preferred.
- Being multilingual would be a plus.
- A bachelor's degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred. Candidates without a degree but with significant experience in a similar field are encouraged to apply.
The salary range is $225,000-250,000 based on experience. A comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
Momentum has retained Morris & Berger to conduct the Executive Director search. To view the full position description, please visit https://pub.lucidpress.com/morrisberger_2230/. To apply, please submit an application, including a resume and a letter of interest, in confidence to Morris & Berger through their website: https://www.morrisberger.com/position.php?id=2230.