Forest Campaigner – Japan
RAN is looking for a motivated, passionate and tenacious individual to support our global Forest team as the Japan Campaigner. The ability to execute public campaigns in Japan in collaboration with staff and allied organizations is essential. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial.
This position leads the execution of public campaign work for the Forest Program in Japan and will work side-by-side with our Japan Representative, Communications Coordinator and our 20+ person team working across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
- Design campaign strategies in collaboration with other team members.
- Lead the execution of public campaign work in Japan.
- Maintain an active network with potential and established allied groups in Japan, and support collaborative work with impacted Indigenous communities in collaboration with other team members including RAN’s Indonesia-based staff.
- Lead campaign work with regional and international social and environmental NGO’s and communities in Japan.
- Spokesperson to media and at public events
- Author of public content on RAN Japan’s website
- In conjunction with the Japan Communications Coordinator, and the Communications and Digital teams, design, create and use a range of communications tools (direct actions, direct communication, traditional and social media, briefing sheets, and other tools) to communicate with target audiences and to achieve campaign objectives;
- Coordinate and manage logistical arrangements for various campaign activities, including information gathering and facilitation, physical trips for the project team and key stakeholders.