This career specialist will be an M&E Specialist for Livelihoods-related programming. The specialist will be responsible for designing Livelihood M&E frameworks, survey instruments, training materials, conducting analysis, drafting reports, advising on data visualizations and supporting the M&E technical advising team on implementation of these frameworks in National Offices.
PLEASE NOTE: This position can be based anywhere in the United States or any of our field countries. All resumes must be submitted in English.
What will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Act as an advocate for children. Understand and advance Christ's mandate to protect children. Take active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Design outcome measurements for livelihoods programs particularly with a youth focus.
- Design and test M&E satisfaction measures to provide feedback from youth and frontline church partners.
- Support overall holistic child development and provide ongoing subject matter expertise in using high quality data to measure program inputs, outputs, outcomes. Aid partnership facilitators, program support team and church partners by providing coaching and knowledge within monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the development and implementation of satisfaction measure tools and instruments for organization-wide use that enable the partners and the program team to conduct empirical assessment through baseline surveys at the onset of partnerships.
- Lead the development and adoption of partner compliance and adherence to standards, procedures, and policies related to program quality. Collaborate with program leaders to provide direction and subject matter expertise regarding intervention milestones especially in the area of job/vocational training for youth who are post-high school.
- Monitor partnership dashboards to track critical program dimensions and performance and enable the National Offices and frontline church partners to see meaningful improvements or decline in performance.
- Manage and may lead complex budgeting and planning efforts for baseline surveys and other monitoring and evaluation activities across multiple countries/regions.
- Simplify complex information to report to a variety of stakeholders.
What will you bring?
- Master's Degree in economics, education, social science, agriculture, or a related field is required.
- At least 5 years' experience working in an international development setting with an emphasis in Monitoring & Evaluation design.
- Experience in conducting, designing or overseeing livelihood programming in an international setting is required.
- Experience with online survey tools and conducting quantitative analysis using a statistical software package is required.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write fluently in English.
- Fluency in a second language is a plus.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Remote, work from home.
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 25% of normal schedule with some travel being international.