Title: Operations Manager
Duty Station: Port-au-Prince (Haiti)
Closing Date: February 10, 2023 or until job is filled
Period: 1 year (renewable)
Starting Date: TBD.
Reporting to: AVSI Haiti Country Representative / Regional Manager Caribbean
Description of the position: The Operation Manager assures efficiency and efficacy in all operations of AVSI Foundation within the country. Shehe assures compliance and accountability with AVSI's internal policies and procedures, and according to those provided by the Donors. The Operations Manager performs each activity according to the Code of Ethics in line with AVSI Mission, Values and Method and shares the organizational culture with colleagues, beneficiaries and all stakeholders. Heshe is a role model in understating, sharing and adhering to AVSI core values and behaviors (focusing on transparency, integrity, accountability, etc. as per AVSI Code of Ethics) and ensures their adoption and implementation.
Main tasks and responsibility:
- Under the lead of the Country Representative, heshe, plays a key role in the development and implementation of the country programme direction and strategy in all aspect related to operations (administration/finance, logistic and HR).
- Collaborate with HR at the Country level for administrative issues related to employment.
- Ensure compliance with AVSI policies and local laws including NGO law, tax, and any other applicable local laws, providing a framework for effective policy implementation concerning operations.
- Develop and implement annual departmental plans in line with the country annual plan and measuring performance against key indicators.
- Comply and support the implementation and correct application in all AVSI offices and field bases of all Procedures and guidelines and actively engage in problem solving through informed and innovative solutions.
- Represent AVSI in technical forums and to donors and other external stakeholders (including the media) when requested by the Country Representative.
- Under the supervision of the Country Representative heshe is the liaison with HR at the local level for the administrative aspect of employment.
- Promote the technical and professional growth of the Operations staff, including the staff of the field offices.
- Ensure the correctness of the communication flow and the supervision of the operations implemented in the field offices.
As a member of the Strategic Management Team
- Under the lead of the Country Representative, to play a key role in setting /developing as well as implementing policy and strategic direction of the country programme.
- To actively engage in problem solving through informed and innovative solutions.
- To comply and support the implementation of all procedures and guidelines.
- To support AVSI teams in delivery of quality programmes through coordination, advice, information sharing & analysis.
- Maintain grant management database and oversee grant management including timely reporting in line with the relevant donor contracts and compliance requirements.
- Ensure adherence to timelines for all relevant proposals and review as necessary.
- Line-manage the AVSI Project Coordinators to ensure that appropriate management, administration, logistic, finance, and communication systems are in place and followed.
- Ensure monitoring systems are in place and that project reviews/audits are carried out periodically in conjunction with the team, Country Director, local stakeholders and project partners.
- Through regular field visits and good communication with field sites provide sound technical advice on the operational aspects of project management i.e. logistics, finance and administration.
- Ensure all relevant authorities are included in the planning and implementation of projects as appropriate.
- Draw up plans, proposals and budgets for new projects/extensions of projects in conjunction with the relevant team and financial staff.
- Proactively contribute to programme development and strategy.
- Ensure all projects adhere to AVSI’s systems and procedures (administrative, financial and logistical) so that effective and efficient support functions contribute to improvement of programme quality.
- Ensure that project implementation meets donor compliance requirements
- Together with the Administration and Finance Manager, Logistics Manager and Human Resources Manager, provide the Project Coordinators the necessary support to ensure appropriate AVSI administrative, financial and logistics systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure AVSI in complies with all legal and bureaucratic requirements in country.
- Support field sites in the timely preparation of projected expenditures each month (cash book management) and discuss/analyse monthly Financial Planning and reports.
- Exercise accurate budget control and ensure financial management at project sites are in line with relevant project proposals.
- Oversee budgets revision/realignments for submission to donors and provide advice and assistance where necessary.
Education: University degree in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent
Work experience: at least 5 years of experience in finance / administration; at least 2 years of experience in a development or humanitarian context
Required skills and experiences:
- At least 2 years of experience in a related management role
- Proficient knowledge of the standard IT software
- Strong capacities of financial management and planning
- Leadership and training skills
- Corporate managing and organizational skills
- Capacity to manage external audits
Language proficiency: Proficient knowledge of French (written and oral) C1
To express interest, please send a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com .