Program Catalyst, Global Training
Remote – Part-Time or Full-Time
Street Business School is an award-winning non-profit, rapidly expanding to bring our entrepreneurial training to every corner of the world. We are looking for an experienced, charismatic, goal-oriented team player to join our global Program team. This role will help our innovative, high-growth expansion reach the next level of impact. The Program Catalyst will work closely with the Senior Program Catalyst to support the Director of Global training, be an active contributor to the global team, and a key point of contact for questions related to the global Program team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about our mission, thinks strategically as well as tactically, communicates with confidence and compassion, and is energized by collaborating to maximize our impact.
Is this you or someone you know? Keep reading or visit our website to learn more about SBS!
About Street Business School
By training other NGOs to deliver our proven, poverty-eradication business training curriculum to the beneficiaries that they serve, we help people living in poverty to gain knowledge and confidence to start and grow small businesses, triple their incomes and lift their families out of poverty. We train other NGOs to deliver the SBS program in their local communities, to support them to amplify their own impact.
SBS currently has more than 400+ certified Lead Coaches from 160+ partner NGOs working in 26 countries who will collectively help one million people, and five million children sustainably rise out of extreme poverty. We are obsessed with impact and creating measurable change:
- SBS graduates have increased their income from $1.35 a day on average, to $4.19 a day, two years later
- 89% of SBS graduates have at least one business two years after they graduate
SBS is a non-profit social enterprise with approximately 40 team members globally. SBS has been recognized as the Best Non-Profit of the Year by PeaceJam, been awarded the System Innovator Award from Segal Family Foundation, has been selected as a Fellow at The Miller Center, was a finalist for the Kirby Prize, and has been featured in Entrepreneur Magazine, Barron’s and others.
Why you’ll feel good about working for Street Business School:
- You’ll be challenged, you’ll be inspired, and you’ll be proud to see your spark igniting change around the world
- We create transformational impact. By supporting the global expansion of our Street Business School, your work will directly contribute to that impact.
- You’ll be surrounded and inspired by other employees with passion, commitment, and drive. We love to support beneficiaries, partners and team members to reach their full potential
- We support people to solve their own problems creating dignity, ownership and self-sufficiency; increasing income not only reduces poverty, but it also spurs investment in children and creates greater self-esteem.
What you’ll do for us:
Provide world-class interaction (no joke… world class) with our global partners in a prompt, accurate and relationship-based manner, in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
- Efficiently process Workshop Applications for our in-person workshops
- Effectively set up, and administer the Zoom driving for, the Online Workshops (videos, music, attendance, etc.) for our global online workshops
- Facilitate Workshops as needed, if Certified to do so
Be the main guru for/center of Zoom driving for virtual training sessions and meetings
- Set up and run and/or back up Zoom driving for Online training sessions
- Maintain, co-create and follow SBS Workshop flow for Online Zoom sessions, and update Operations Manual for same
- Periodically support Online Network Manager for virtual training
- Train new fellow Zoom Administrators
Organize, organize, and organize
- Produce information and reports by creating, collecting and analyzing, transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics, etc.
- Assist with project tracking and task follow-through
- Co-manage and oversee Street Business School’s Immersion Workshop schedule/task timeline
- Reconcile expense reports
- Support Training Team with logistics of global training sessions
- Provide personalized administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner related to the team’s needs and as assigned
Provide leadership support
- Assist Senior Catalyst and Director of Global Training with global initiatives and tasks
- Support the Director of Global Training for a variety of projects, such as Large Partner Initiatives, event/conference creation and management, new hire/exit tasks, etc.
- Support Director’s appointment schedule by coordinating meetings & travel
- Maintain confidence and protect our Intellectual Property
- Co-manage Salesforce back-end and output as requested by Senior Catalyst and Director of Global Training
- Administer management of the Global Trainer Certification processing
- Produce information/emails and reports by creating, collecting and analyzing, transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
Provide team support
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results, as defined per project/task
- Attend and participate in various meetings
- Management of, and continuous improvement to, the robust SBS Salesforce system
- Content & collateral creation for training team materials, workshop materials, etc. (to include graphics and videos)
- Promotion of positive environment of fun, trust, stakeholder appreciation, continuous improvement, high performance and accountability
- Collaborate and share tasks with other Program Catalyst, requiring spot-on teamwork and tasks coordination
Other duties as assigned and as we dream them up together
What you’ll need to do this job:
- Strategic and tactical thinking, including the ability to articulate a high-level goal and translate that into action steps and decision points. If you see the forest and the trees, this job is for you!
- Extensive experience working with Salesforce, including data analysis and user interface as well as an understanding of SBSE’s current work to ensure accuracy of information. Salesforce programming experience preferred. We need your inner tech enthusiast and your patience with those of us who lack one.
- Ability to think critically about the best way to communicate and share information with internal teams. We get lots of requests for detailed information, so we need you to filter and to succinctly and accurately share what all the teams need to communicate.
- Outstanding communications skills and the ability to represent the team in a variety of settings.
- Positive attitude and energy and the ability to work collaboratively across teams and departments with a set of diverse team members.
- A high level of focus and goal-oriented drive.
- Ability to set and meet tight deadlines, without a tap, tap, tap on the shoulder from the people depending on you.
- Strong project management experience that drives efficiency and excellence in all aspects of work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience with graphic programs, Asana (or other project management system) and SharePoint preferred but not required.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- A personal interest and commitment to Street Business School’s mission. We work hard to realize meaningful impact, and we also laugh and learn together.
- Background in non-profit or livelihood/empowerment program is helpful.
SBS believes our team is better and stronger with a diversity of perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from candidates historically underrepresented in the nonprofit sector. If you do not meet all stated qualifications but feel you can succeed in this role, please consider applying for this position, particularly if you are a candidate with an identity that is marginalized within the United States. SBS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
We are open to hiring either one person full time or two people part-time for this position. If part-time, it is estimated at 20 hours per week with some flexibility in work schedule. The salary range for US-based employees is $17-20/hour depending on experience, and salary for locations outside the US will vary based on cost of labor in that market.
Please send us an email letting us know where you heard about our job and how working for us would be a dream come true for you. Please also send your resume (to show us how we’d be crazy not to talk to you) and your salary expectations if outside the US to Jobs@StreetBusinessSchool.org with “Program Catalyst” in the subject line. While we love, love, love initiative on the job, no phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.