Senior Evaluation Specialist, USAID West Africa PELA II
As a prime contractor under USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract, Panagora Group seeks an experienced Senior Evaluation Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adaptation II (PELA II) Activity. This activity is designed to enhance USAID’s effectiveness in preventing and countering violent extremism, peacebuilding, and strengthening democracy, human rights, and good governance by strengthening the Mission’s implementation of programs; coordination of its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism in the West Africa region.
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
The Senior Evaluation Specialist will oversee and ensure the design, development, coordination, and implementation of high-quality evaluations and assessments for the Activity ensuring the consideration and effective use of CA monitoring methods and training to implementing partners. The Specialist will be responsible for the preparation of evaluation reports and use and dissemination of data.
This is a long-term position based in Accra, Ghana.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the drafting and preparation of the terms of statements of for Activity evaluations including technical parameters, methodology and data collection.
- Plan the organizational chart of evaluation teams and prepare the TOR for the positions to be hired
- Designs the TOR for the subcontracting of local specialists, firms and/or research centers to develop evaluations
- Oversee the effective design, planning, and execution of evaluations in compliance with USG and international standards of technical quality.
- Oversee and review of each of the reports, databases, statistical program codes, and presentations, among other results, of the contracts with the firms and/or consultants hired for the development of evaluations
- Coordination of the technical team that participates in the evaluation in order to obtain the highest quality reports according to USAID standards and guidelines
- Coordinate administrative matters that allow the development of the evaluations contracted by the Activity, including coordinating with the different stakeholders involved, such as implementing partners, and USAID officials, among others
- Support the development of the evaluations: i) drafting of the work plan; ii) design of the qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments; iii) field data collection strategy and desk review; iv) drafting and presentation of the final report; v) collaboration, learning and adaptation activities (CLA)
- Other duties as assigned by the designated supervisor
- Master's degree or a combination of a Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of graduate studies in a field of social sciences or economics or natural sciences, exact sciences, or government
- Minimum 5-7 years of data collection and evaluation management experience
- Prior experience as team leader for at least 2 evaluations, USAID activity evaluations are strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use qualitative and quantitative data for studies or research
- Demonstrated experience with complexity aware monitoring methods
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and database analysis software
- Experience leading diverse technical teams in a knowledge management initiative
- Familiarity with USAID objectives, approaches, and operations for developing evaluations
- Strong management, writing, relationship building with diverse groups, and organizational skills to report evaluation results
- Experience managing, supervising, and mentoring teams both on-site and remotely
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience
- Experience with USAID/West Africa regional mission is preferred
- Local nationals and those with extensive work experience in West Africa, including Niger, Chad, Cameroon, and Burkina Faso are strongly encouraged to apply
- Experience providing conflict sensitivity training preferred
- Strong people and team management skills
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English and in French
To Apply: Please fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.