Social Inclusion and Gender Advisor
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Panagora is under a subcontract with University Research Co., LLC (URC) to lead CLA activities and support approaches for social inclusion and sustainability for the Cambodia Malaria Elimination Project 2 (CMEP 2). The social inclusion and gender specialist will incorporate inclusive approaches for sustainability across three project objectives, including:
- Objective 1: Detect, effectively and safely treat, and follow-up all malaria cases, and provide effective personal protection to at least 90% of the high-risk population.
- Objective 2: Strengthen national malaria surveillance, monitoring and evaluation systems appropriate for malaria elimination and control activities as well as prevention of re-introduction.
- Objective 3: Malaria control and elimination efforts, particularly at the provincial and OD level.
This is a long-term position based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the application of USAID’s Gender Equality and Female Empowerment Policy and ADS 205 across activity objectives.
- Collaborate with team to ensure that gender equitable and person-centered approaches are incorporated in malaria activity design and monitoring, including age/sex disaggregated monitoring and reporting.
- Strategize methods to monitor instances of gender disparities.
- Develop and implement gender, youth, and key population sensitive approaches and tools for Malaria activities.
- Lead sensitization and awareness trainings on social inclusion for the activity staff as well as key local partners.
- Integrate social inclusion strategies and approaches in close collaboration with the social behavior change specialist
- Other tasks contributing to meeting gender equity and women’s empowerment targets and goals.
- Contribute to annual work plans, progress reports, training, and other technical activities and documents
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in social science, development studies, gender, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in working on gender and social inclusion issues and implementation, preferably with USAID projects.
- Familiarity with the malaria health sector preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Must be able to legally work in Cambodia.
To apply, please visit https://panagoragroup.net/project-opportunities/. Fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.