Administrative and Financial Coordinator
About RESOLVE and RESOLVE Enterprises
RESOLVE is a vibrant, growing, international non-profit organization with affiliated for-profit social enterprise subsidiaries and several fiscal sponsorships.
At RESOLVE, we forge sustainable solutions to critical social, health, and environmental challenges by creating innovative partnerships where they are least likely and most needed. We are a team of collaborative leaders, mediators, policy experts, strategists, scientists, and facilitators. We bring a unique combination of expertise to our work: mediation and process design, solutions-focused strategies and programs, and a capacity to create and launch self-sustaining social enterprises. As a nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization (NGO), we work across sectors, borders, and political lines to engage with business, government, foundations, NGOs, and community leaders.
We are based in Washington, D.C., and work on local, regional, national, and international projects. Our projects focus on healthy communities, conservation, and sustainable resources.
Our work also spans for-profit subsidiaries (e.g., RESOLVE Enterprises, Regeneration, and WildTech) as well as our international partner organizations, RESOLVE Canada and RESOLVE Africa. This position works across all of these entities.
Our website says, “We RESOLVE to… be open and curious, challenge ourselves and others, tackle challenges head-on, [and] create solutions.” Our values include integrity, mutual respect, leadership, innovation, teamwork, diversity, perseverance, results, and balance. We are looking for someone who embraces our values, loves to learn, and shares our passion for social, environmental, and economic sustainability.
The Administrative and Financial Coordinator is an essential role in RESOLVE’s Washington, DC office and across the family of RESOLVE organizations and enterprises. In our small, growing, international organization, responsibilities range from coordinating office operations to bookkeeping and reporting to administrative trouble-shooting. An interest in RESOLVE’s programs and services will enable this person to thrive in the role and bring value to our mission-focused work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Finance and Reporting
- Utilize and create effective tracking and management systems, follow up on open issues, and carry tasks through to successful completion.
- Process transactions in the invoicing cycle, including tracking invoice submission dates, creating and sending invoices, and supporting documentation and A/R management.
- Process invoices for payment in bill.com (accounts payable processing).
- Complete account reconciliations, such as bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other balance sheet accounts.
- Classify, enter, and reconcile credit card expenses, monthly.
- Support the month-end close process.
- Set up new contracts (projects) in the accounting system.
- Work with program teams to prepare project and program financial reports.
- Disburse and reconcile petty cash.
- Deposit checks via remote deposit.
- Ensure project codes are mapped as needed to copiers, phones, etc., and that reports are run monthly for appropriate billing.
- Respond to inquiries via email or telephone while providing relevant information and/or routing to appropriate staff.
- Ensure all office supplies are ordered, received, maintained, tracked, and delivered.
- Ensure that all incoming office mail/packages are received, opened, and distributed, and outgoing mail/packages are delivered promptly; follow finance department procedures for all incoming checks and outgoing checks.
- Maintain and manage office administration vendor service and relationships.
- Maintain the corporate files for RESOLVE (non-profit organization), RESOLVE Enterprises (impact enterprise) and for-profit, social impact subsidiaries and partners, and any related entities.
- Support meetings and conferences held at RESOLVE’s offices, including coordinating catering orders and assisting with copying and printing.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with RESOLVE’s external IT firm, troubleshooting when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Office and Technolgy
- Coordinate and support RESOLVE’s shared Washington DC office, including office use by partners office partner agreements, and the recruitment and onboarding of office partners.
- Interface and troubleshoot with subtenants.
- Manage service and hardware subscriptions, including Teams, Zoom, Adobe Connect, Dropbox, etc.
- Coordinate kitchen cleaning schedule and participate as necessary to ensure consistent coverage.
- Manage staff security FOBs.
- Maintain and manage conference room reservations and technology needs.
- Serve as point of contact with building management.
- Coordinate office maintenance and request repairs from building management and outside vendors.
- Coordinate office equipment needs and maintain copiers, telephones, printers, and furniture.
- Support onboarding of new employees, annual benefits open enrollment, and other HR activities.
- Provide office orientation to all new hires and provide them with all necessary employee materials, such as business cards and keys/fobs/codes.
Programs and Communications
- Coordinate and maintain the organizational and general areas of the RESOLVE website.
- Monitor general information requests via the RESOLVE website (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and direct inquiries to the appropriate staff person, or respond directly when appropriate.
- Work with program teams to compile general information packets to respond to external inquiries; maintain a library of relevant materials.
- Provide administrative, recordkeeping, and planning support to the Board of Trustees.
- Support the onboarding of new members of the Board and other advisory groups.
- Provide administrative support to the President and Board Chair on governance and related issues.
Ethics and Values
The successful candidate will maintain the highest ethical standards in their work and their relationships, communicate honestly and respectfully with all, be responsive to colleagues, stakeholders, and partners, and reflect RESOLVE’s values and goals regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Inclusion is fundamental to RESOLVE’s mission. In all our work, we strive to promote respectful engagement across diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our 40+ year record demonstrates that diversity of voices – and inclusion of those who have often been excluded – drives innovation and development of lasting and equitable solutions to critical social, health, and environmental challenges.
RESOLVE takes a broad view of diversity, recognizing that our differences – whether visible or not – contribute to strength. We are resolute in our commitment to actively and intentionally cultivating an environment where equal opportunities for employment, advancement, and influence are available to all.
We are seeking candidates with attention to detail and a focus on accuracy and quality work products. With a wide variety of diverse tasks, priorities can shift; therefore, planning and project management experience are essential, coupled with an ability to adjust, shift focus, and reprioritize as necessary. The position requires adherence to established procedures and places a value on problem-solving where new approaches, procedures, and systems can result in improvements. Strong interpersonal skills will help the Coordinator navigate and support interactions across staff, consultants, partners, and our broader networks. With work across human resources, finance, and governance, the position requires strict confidentiality and discretion.
The position requires the following:
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-3 years of related experience
- Familiarity with accounting and administrative procedures
- Experience with the accounting software Intacct, QuickBooks, and bill.com is (preferred)
- Strong Excel and database skills with a demonstrated proficiency in other Office products (Windows, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with and an interest in IT solutions will be an asset
Commitment and Compensation
This is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C. The pay range for this role is $48,000 to $62,000 with specific placement in the range dependent upon qualifications, experience, and demonstrated skillset.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All inquiries and applications will be treated in confidence.
RESOLVE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. RESOLVE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.