Consultant – Articulate Online Conversion Shelter and Settlements (S&S) Online Training Course Update
InterAction is soliciting Expression of Interest (EOI) from consultants to develop an online curriculum for the updated online course on Shelter & Settlements. This call for consultancy will develop an online learning module/s based on curriculum developed by InterAction. It will be based on the previous training developed by InterAction. The course is expected to consist of seven main modules, an executive summary, conclusions, and takeaway.
The current version of the Shelter & Settlements training course can be found here: https://www.interaction.org/training/.
The newly expanded curriculum is expected to consist of seven (7) modules, as described below. The work consists of articulate development of seven units of the curriculum, and title and credits. The final design of the curriculum will be decided with input from S&S sectoral experts.
The seven units of the course will consist of:
1. Overview and trends of humanitarian S&S
2. Modalities of assistance, issues, and concerns
3. Shelter assistance modalities
4. Disaster risk reduction and recovery
5. S&S and Protection
6. Addressing environmental concerns and best practices
7. Coverage of humanitarian shelter assistance and long-term recovery
It is estimated each module will be around 30-40 minutes in length, containing approx. 50-60 main slides. Some limited animations may be required, mostly in the form of slide transitions.
The consultant will:
· Work with the curriculum development consultants and provide appropriate guidance for developing the course content
· Provide sample templates for developing curriculum and any applicable specification
· Review the provided curriculum and provide course contents (PowerPoint slides, references, and session audio files)
· Provide appropriate guidance and format for graphics, audio, and video to be incorporated, if any.
· Once the curriculum is developed, ensure it is accurately captured within the course
· In consultation with InterAction, identify a voice narrator and incorporate narration accurately
· Reference appropriate text, documents, and links (from the transcript and reference materials provided) to match each learning Incorporate brief voiceover script for each module from S&S experts as appropriate and in consultation with the curriculum development consultants
· The course should be available on all appropriate platforms such as laptops and mobile phones (various PC browsers, iOS and Android)
· Appropriate links and interoperability between the course and MS Office platforms (open text documents, open email in outlook)
· The output file preferences may include SWF and/or iPad Player files.
· Meet all communication standard supported by the LMS (to be confirmed)
· Options to make course meet SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, Tin Can API, or AICC.
· The metadata that will be reported to the LMS for this course should meet DisasterReady.org standards and will be provided, including tracking options.
· The consultant will assist the InterAction team by providing the relevant documentation and training technical requirements.
· Previous track record of developing trainings for non-profit and humanitarian organizations
· Minimum 5 years of experience in online course development
· Ability to incorporate branding requirements as set by InterAction
· Flexibility to work across time zones and adopt to changing requirements
· Available for review meetings with peer-review teams (3 meetings)
· Ability to meet strict project timeframes and ability to work alongside of other consultants in this project
Period of Performance:
The consultancy is expected to be carried out from January 2023 – August 2023. Work is to be carried out remotely.
· Initial discussion and design of formats will occur between January and February 2023. However, the course is expected to be completed for dissemination before September 2023.
· Substantial work will occur between Mar 2023 and July 2023, during which time the online course will be developed (based on curriculum slides provided).
· Initial review is estimated to occur during May 2023, followed by automated narration and voice narration in June/July 2023.
Timelines subject to change based on mutual agreement.
Application: Interested organizations or individuals should send the following documents to email@example.com, with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Online Conversion Consultancy S&S Update” in the subject line by December 10, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed as received.
· Company profile with contact details, background (highlighting specific experience in online course development) and qualifications as it pertains to the objectives of this work, relevant credentials, and any relevant partnering agreements.
· Suggested outline and overview describing the proposed methodology and creative concepts.
· Links to prior online course published or work samples.
· Detailed cost proposal with appropriate breakdown.
All qualified applicants meeting stated requirements will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.