Development Operations Manager
ALLMEP is seeking a Development Operations Manager to manage and optimize development operations, data management, donor communications and stewardship, and financial reporting. Reporting to the U.S. Director, and collaborating closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Development & Regional Advocacy as well as colleagues in the United States and Middle East, the Development Operations Manager will focus on ensuring timely and accurate gift processing and acknowledgement, financial tracking and projections, and compliance issues.
The Development Operations Manager will lead this work by utilizing ALLMEP’s CRM system – EveryAction (EA) – and will also be charged with identifying and running all systems that support ALLMEP’s fundraising goals.
The ideal candidate will have experience harnessing CRM capabilities and products to help organizations run more effectively and efficiently.
- Develop, implement, and support fundraising policies and procedures in coordination with the Director of Development & Regional Advocacy;
- Carry out development operations tasks and assignments as directed by the Director of Development & Regional Advocacy;
- Assist with the development and monitoring of the annual fundraising budget;
- Manage giving portals and platforms, including annual certification;
- Serve as the primary database administrator, liaising with the CRM account manager and leading staff trainings;
- Manage, track, and properly attribute donor checks & grant payments;
- Build and update forms and templates related to gift processing, donor communications, and events;
- Work closely with the Director of Development & Regional Advocacy to design and implement improvements to donation systems and communications, streamlining and systemizing donor related operations across all the territories in which ALLMEP works;
- Provide regular and ad hoc reporting on donor trends, campaigns, and events;
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of in-person and virtual ALLMEP events, including the annual winter gala, annual regional conference, donor briefings, and other fundraising events; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of demonstrated success in general development operations, including: database and CRM systems management, and proposal design, writing and reporting;
- Demonstrated financial management knowledge, including familiarity with nonprofit financial management and reporting practices, and comfort with developing and navigating budgets;
- Experience identifying, cultivating major individual, foundation, and corporate partners;
- Organized and a reliable team player;
- Ability and willingness to travel 5% percent of the time; and
- Bachelor’s degree required.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. ALLMEP will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Washington, DC or remote
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$75,000 commensurate with experience. ALLMEP’s benefits package includes 100% employer-paid health insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance for its employees and dependents, as well as generous vacation and a 401(k) plan retirement account.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and the names of at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Development Operations Manager. Materials must address the requirements listed. The position will remain open until filled, but applications will be reviewed as received.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation that they are legally eligible to work in the United States on a full time basis. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices in Europe, Israel, and Palestine, the Alliance for Middle East Peace (ALLMEP) is the largest and fastest growing network of Palestinian and Israeli peacebuilders. We envision a Middle East in which our community of Palestinian and Israeli peacebuilders lead their societies toward and beyond a sustainable peace.
With a coalition of over 150 organizations—and tens of thousands of Israelis and Palestinians—we foster cooperation that increases impact, add stability in times of crisis, and build an environment conducive to peace over the long term.
On the ground, our expert team, drawn from both the shared society and cross-border communities, works to incentivize cooperation and develop partnerships, as well as provide member services and programming, so that our community operates with greater strategic impact. Internationally, our teams in the United States and Europe work to amplify the visibility of members in the media and in the corridors of power, and to ensure that the field is adequately resourced, so that it can reach its inherent potential. This is not merely an ambition. To date, our advocacy has helped to introduce more than $380 million in government support into the field, including the creation of USAID’s Conflict Management and Mitigation Fund and the Nita M. Lowey Middle East Partnership for Peace Act, as well as funding from international governments.