Global Knowledge and Information Systems Lead
TITLE: Global Knowledge and Information Systems Lead
LOCATION: Headquarters in Towson, Maryland; remote option; US residents only
This is a new position for IOCC’s Headquarters to help lead the organization in its global digital strategy. We are looking for our next IT leader who will take his/her project management expertise to shape and transform our digital landscape! Position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Global Knowledge and Information Systems Lead is primarily responsible for shaping IOCC’s digital solutions for our world-wide team. This position will develop and implement the global information management strategy. This position will shape digital solutions, acting as a liaison between the projects/programs, organization stakeholders, internal and external teams, within the U.S. and internationally, to ensure that technology resources are used to further the mission of the organization and service to people in need. The position will support the development and management of several digital transformation and information technology projects. This position is expected to deliver high quality projects on time and on budget.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Collaboration and Communication:
1. Manages relationships with key stakeholders and ensures that business requirements are effectively captured, and the impact of project/program are understood by all stakeholders.
2. Participates in, leads and/or manages cross-functional project teams.
3. Builds and leads project teams, communicating roles and responsibilities while encouraging teamwork and collaboration among all team members and stakeholders.
Project Management and Team Management:
1. Manages large and complex projects, including Enterprise Systems – specific for Portfolio, Project & change management (ie: Blackbaud products)
2. Applies highly developed specialist knowledge and skills in project management, project planning, budgets and methodologies.
3. Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements, ensuring deliverables are met effectively and efficiently.
4. Directly interfaces with and supervises the IT contractor and other related vendors.
Project Plan Documentation:
1. Mobilizes projects’ resources for the program, as appropriate and identifies resources gaps, needs and assigns individual responsibilities.
2. Develops and tracks project planning and action logs, risks and issues reports; identifies and drives resolution of risks.
3. Manages project budget and scope and ensures adherence; documents changes as needed.
1. Resolves complex quality and compliance risks and issues and ensures team adopts quality assurance policies and procedures.
2. Reviews deliverables prepared by the team and provides sign-off prior to finalization and deployment.
3. Facilitates engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
1. Develops transition and training plans for all users.
2. Ensures complete training and adherence to processes and Standard Operating Procedures.
Minimally Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Software and Technology: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications, with experience in administrator role(s) for a M365 tenant, preferred.
• Project Coordination and Planning: Demonstrated track record of success in delivering strategic, complex, cross-functional and multi-site projects on-time, on-budget with committed deliverables to generate significant business value. Advanced organizational and planning skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to manage time well and coordinate activities.
• Relationship Management: Proven skills in leveraging effective working relationships and influencing key stakeholders in support of business goals. Strong team management skills with the ability to successfully mentor, coach and develop others’ capabilities.
• Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels. Solid communication skills through all levels of the organization and with a sense of urgency.
• Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures. Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
• Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related or other sensitive issues.
Minimally Required Education, Experience, and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant areas such as Knowledge Management, Information Systems, Change Management, or Business Administration, or other such equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or professional certifications that yield the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• 5 years of experience in project/program management with evidence of shaping and developing innovative solutions that have major impact with the business area and organization.
• Experience in SharePoint Online environment (or similar) with site planning, data management and content permissions, and the development of standard operating procedures.
• Understanding of best practices related to knowledge management, information architecture, and cloud-based collaboration.
• Demonstrated strong leadership capacity, skilled in mentoring, inspiring, and/or motivating at the individual and institutional levels.
• Experience of working in a global organization with complex geopolitical contexts, preferred.
• Experience in preparing and managing project budgets.
• Project Management Certification preferred, but not required.
To apply, please send an email to: email@example.com and include a resume or CV as an attachment. Please note the position title on the subject line. Thank you.