Street Business School (SBS) is an award-winning global non-profit dedicated to ending generational poverty by empowering entrepreneurs. As a leader in entrepreneurship training, we equip women living in poverty with the knowledge they need to build sustainable businesses, and the confidence to succeed. SBS is scaling through an innovative social franchise model, which puts the expertise of local NGO partners at the forefront, allowing for localization of a proven model creating transformational results. Since 2016, SBS has trained over 180 partners in 27 countries, including a partnership with BRAC. By 2030 SBS will have trained NGO partners who will collectively support over 6 million people to triple their incomes and rise out of poverty.
SBS works: Randomized control trial RCT results demonstrate a robust and significant increase in women’s incomes, profits, business ownership and grit, compared to a control group. SBS graduates increased their incomes by an average of 95 percent, increasing their incomes from $2.47 to $4.82 per day, on average.
Street Business School is a fast paced, impact focused, collaborative organization poised for massive expansion in the years ahead. With a staff of approximately 45 primarily in Uganda and the US, we are scrappy enough to experiment with strategies, we pivot quickly when we need to, and we create measurable transformation. Our work is serious, but our culture is joyful; we grow and push, we laugh a lot, and we make the world a better place. Are you the extraordinary human we need to lead this organization into the next chapter? Keep reading and visit our website to learn more and to get inspired by our stories of impact.
What you will do for us:
The Global Trainer is responsible for assisting with global training, partner outreach, training team projects, supporting partners with the SBS M&E system, and other tasks demonstrating our core values. Reporting to the Director of Global Training, the Global Trainer and Outreach Manager is a member of the Global Training Team which works directly with SBS Global Catalyst Partners (GCPs) to provide them with training, guidance and support in establishing sustainable income generating activities for their respective beneficiaries, or their Partner’s beneficiaries.
- Prepare for training Workshops, including global virtual calls, individual prep as required for assigned training position, and 1-2 weeks on-the-the-ground prep, depending on workshop location.
- Provide world-class training during virtual or in-person Workshops, either as Lead Facilitator, Global Member Trainer (GTM), or Project Manager, as assigned by director of Global Training
- When acting as GMT, coach SBS Global Catalyst Partner groups to include, but not limited to, scheduling and delivering post-IW coaching calls to support their implementation, troubleshoot problems, identifying learning, completing all required related documentation
- Along with Director of Global Training and SBS Community Network Manager ensure that all SBS Partners (or other 3rd party that attend Immersion Workshop), feel welcomed, have proper lodging, transportation, meals, etc. and are engaged fully outside of the training itself.
- Co-develop and implement a creative, comprehensive and effective recruiting strategy for the SBS Immersion Workshops, from initial engagement of Global Catalyst Partners, through SBS Workshop application
- Enhance revenue-generation from SBS Workshops, by selective identification, spot on prospecting, and conversion of ideal Global Catalyst Partner candidates
Training Team Projects
- As assigned, work closely with the SBS Community Network Engagement Manager, support Partner engagement and identify new opportunities to drive value.
- As assigned, working closely with Director of Global Training, collaborate on strategic initiatives and planning (for example, large partnership execution, globalization, development of new curriculums, etc.)
- Track, critically analyze, and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and success benchmarks
- Promote a positive environment of fun, trust, stakeholder appreciation, continuous improvement, high performance and accountability
- Inspire and support our team to be story ambassadors for the organization
- Track expenses/revenue
- Complete all related administrative tasks
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- As needed, work with M&E specialist, to provide input/clarity on data submitted
- Periodically work with M&E Specialist to identify opportunities for improved evaluation with Global Catalyst Partners.
- Discuss Global Catalyst Partner M&E findings with Director of Global Training, to seek continuous program improvement
- Participate in the overall staff activities of SBS including meetings, special projects, and celebrations
- Other duties as they arise, and as we dream them up together
What you’ll need to do this job:
- Ability to be organizationally strategic, as well as perform tactically
- Strong collaborative yet confident decision-making skills with consistent good judgement and risk management experience
- Strong social skills including conflict management, the ability to influence other, and an empathetic and engagement personality
- Communication skills including English fluency and storytelling, strong grammatic and spelling skills
- A high degree of stamina and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Strong self-confidence while also being adaptable and coachable
- Ability to be calm under pressure, punctual, and organized
- Proven business knowledge and ability to deliver a project at a world class level
- Previous experience with conference/gathering management
- Ability to travel globally
- An entrepreneurial mindset, a positive and generous attitude, and a sense of humor.
- A commitment to Street Business School’s mission of helping people living in poverty transform their lives.
SBS believes our team is better and stronger with a diversity of perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from candidates historically underrepresented in the international development sector. If you do not meet all stated qualifications but feel you can succeed within this role, please consider applying for this position. SBS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassments.
This is a full-time position with a competitive annual salary range; the salary is depended on experience and location. We offer excellent and competitive benefits, including flexibility for remote work and paid time off, with an organization – wide holiday closure.
Please send us an email letting us know where you heard about us and how working for us would be a dream come true. Please include your resume and a brief introduction and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Global Trainer” in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.