Position Title: Internal Auditor
Department: Legal and Compliance
Location: Stamford, CT / Remote Hybrid
Key Relationships: Reports to: Chair of the Audit Committee
Assignment Type: Full-time
Our compensation philosophy is grounded in being competitive, equitable, and transparent.
Competitive: The salary range for this position is $122,320 to $155,680.
Equitable: We avoid negotiation within the ranges to create equity across our team, because we know that salary negotiations lead to poorer outcomes for individuals from non-dominant groups and underrepresented communities.
Transparent: We construct our salaries in such a way that staff can move through the range as they grow within their level. As such, most candidates will start at the midpoint of the range, $139,000, with a few above or below the midpoint based on specific skill sets and experiences.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: a generous paid time off package of vacation, personal time, and sick time, approximately 15 holidays per year (in addition to a winter break holiday), medical insurance starting at $55 per month, dental insurance starting at $0 per month, vision insurance starting at $9 per month, a 401k retirement savings plans with 6% matching, disability & life insurance, paid parental leave, and access to an employee assistance program.
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches 85 countries on average, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine, medical supplies, and emergency aid. Americares is one of the world’s leading nonprofit providers of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
About the position:
The Internal Auditor is responsible for developing, directing, and coordinating a comprehensive internal audit program, which supports the improvement of project design and compliance, risk management, internal controls and the policies of Americares Foundation, Inc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and monitor the Internal Audit function and programs
- Design, implement and monitor the processes required in audit work (annual plan, standard working papers, reporting format and protocols) etc.
- Support and strengthen Risk Management processes in coordination with the Legal Department by developing and supporting the update and monitoring of the Americares risk register
- Review regularly Americares Internal Controls for effectiveness to achieve the Organization’s objectives and report on areas of improvement
- Monitor management response to audit reviews, ensuring that all agreed audit actions and recommendations are accurate and timely implemented
- Work closely with external or visiting auditors and support their audit process
- Analyze all success factors and risks facing the Organization, report them to management and provide recommendations for improvement of the risk management and overall Internal Control system
- Ensure that audits are performed with due professional care and that there are credible and trackable audit observations, conclusions and recommendations
- Perform Partner and Subaward audits to ensure compliance with donor and Organization rules and regulations
- Perform other duties, including undertaking complex or sensitive reviews and investigations as assigned
- Ensure compliance with all organizational SOPs and regulations governing the organization’s work
- Track and monitor adherence to Americares policies, including the Code of Ethics, Anti-Corruption Policy, and Safeguarding and Child protection policies
- Ensure IAP, six months appraisal and annual appraisal are timely completed and documented
- Keep Supervisor informed of any initiative or difficulties relating to job responsibilities
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned
Key Requirements and Competencies:
- US work authorization required
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of grants and project management with specific knowledge of USAID and USG grant and contracting rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge and use of accounting software
- Ability to train and mentor staff, partners and communities
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to study and quickly understand new operating environment and organizational systems
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Good listening and interviewing skills
- Independence, integrity and objectivity
- Ability to travel 25%-50%
As a global health organization, we are committed to ensuring a safe environment for our staff, partners, and visitors. All Americares staff and visitors who are on-site at any of our locations or will be traveling for work are required to be fully vaccinated (which includes a booster, when eligible) against COVID-19 unless an exemption required by law is applicable.
Americares is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request a disability accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.