FULL-TIME | Mexico
Panagora Group is a social enterprise dedicated to providing high-quality, high-impact international health, development, and learning consulting. We are a dynamic woman- and employee-owned small business partner focused on market-based and integrated local solutions that strengthen country capacity and independence; and on learning, communications, and technology solutions to accelerate and heighten impact. As a small business, we are able to implement novel and innovative approaches using highly participatory approaches to mobilize community, civil society, and government energy in defining and owning solutions, and to promote inclusive development that benefits all groups.
Panagora, a prime contractor under the USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is seeking an experienced Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist for an anticipated Mexico Monitoring and Evaluation Support for Adaptation (MESA) contract. This activity will assist with designing and carrying out monitoring, evaluations, assessments, and studies; and collaboration and capacity building for the USAID/Mexico mission and, when appropriate, implementers, and other key stakeholders.
This is a long-term position based in Mexico
The KMC Specialist will report to the Chief of Party (COP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and manage the communications strategy for the Mexico MESA contract under the leadership of the COP, advancing the project’s vision, mission, and mandate utilizing various media formats targeting a variety of audiences.
- Establish and socialize KMC systems, platforms, processes, and tools to support efficient and effective knowledge management, learning, and communications to ensure project’s institutional memory.
- Responsible for the preparation, editing, and submission of contract deliverables to USAID and assist with finalizing programmatic work plans, as needed, ensuring all program deliverables, trainings, and technical reports comply with USAID branding guidelines and the programs approved Branding and Implementation Plan and Marking Plan.
- Synthesize technical information in order to produce and disseminate accurate and useful knowledge products such as press releases, feature articles, success stories, lessons learned, presentation materials, marketing materials, quarterly and annual reports, videos, multimedia, and extension materials in consultation with technical staff.
- Monitor project activities to identify success stories, lessons learned and ensure they are captured, developed, edited, and shared.
- Respond to project staff requests for communications assistance and provide creative ideas for using communications and KM tools to improve the implementation and effectiveness of project activities.
- Provide strategic and programmatic advice on communications and knowledge exchange and support project leadership to strengthen program design and implementation.
- Achieve and maintain effective communications with USAID, partner organizations, and stakeholders, including timely response to requests for
- Perform other appropriate tasks that support the overall project, as assigned by the COP or his/her designee.
- Degree (BA/Master’s) in relevant technical area, preferably communications or journalism.
- At least 7 years of experience with Bachelor’s and 5 years with Master’s in knowledge management and communications.
- Demonstrated experience with communications strategy development and implementation.
- USAID funded project experience strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of USAID’s reporting, branding, and marking requirements.
- Experience producing high-quality communication products for a variety of channels (e.g., print, digital, video).
- Excellent command of English and Spanish (verbal and written) required with a proven ability to rewrite technical information for non-experts.
- Proven organizational and management skills, ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate leadership, good judgment, possesses sensitivity and understanding of how messaging impacts diverse audiences.
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs.
- Must be a citizen of Mexico
To Apply: Fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship.