Panagora Group is a social enterprise dedicated to providing high-quality, high-impact international health, development, and learning consulting. We are a dynamic woman- and employee-owned small business partner focused on market-based and integrated local solutions that strengthen country capacity and independence; and on learning, communications, and technology solutions to accelerate and heighten impact. As a small business, we are able to implement novel and innovative approaches using highly participatory approaches to mobilize community, civil society, and government energy in defining and owning solutions, and to promote inclusive development that benefits all groups.
Panagora seeks a Program Director with technical experience in health systems strengthening (HSS), monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL), and inclusive development including gender for a full-time position in our home office in Silver Spring, Maryland. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience managing and winning USAID and other donor-funded projects in HSS, monitoring, evaluation, and learning, and inclusive development, including gender. They will provide strategic leadership to ensure technical excellence in these areas across the organization, represent Panagora globally, and develop and maintain relationships that grow Panagora’s portfolio and strengthen its reputation. The Director will oversee and ensure quality technical assistance to country programs; supervise and manage technical staff; make significant contributions to new business development, particularly in technical strategy and writing; and oversee programmatic progress against success indicators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of Panagora’s work in HSS, MEL, and inclusive development including gender.
- Lead development and implementation of activity work plans and budgets, ensuring effective implementation and achievement of priority initiatives and activities
- Serve as program director for multiple activities ensuring compliance with contract requirements and activity performance via regular financial and program tracking and reports, M&E data, communication with field teams, and periodic supervisory travel
- Lead and support activities to ensure high quality performance and optimally manage and align activities with Panagora’s quality assurance standards
- Define success indicators for assigned programs based on best practices and industry standards
- Serve as liaison with clients and ensure customer satisfaction
- Champion knowledge stewardship within global health, MEL, and gender by promoting capture and dissemination of activity approaches, innovations, stories, and routine updates into company and external platforms
- Ensure short-term assignments are well staffed and carried out as planned through clear scopes of work, high-quality personnel, and facilitative oversight
- Ensure all donor and activity reports are compliant and submitted on time
- Support new business development, providing leadership in technical conceptualization and writing, recruitment of high-quality technical personnel, and contribute to other sections. Seek out new business opportunities to maximize Panagora’s impact and leverage.
- Actively support and represent Panagora’s mission and values in conduct and communications
- Represent Panagora periodically at conferences, meetings, and events. Develop and maintain excellent professional relationships with governments, global institutions, and donors
- Mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork supporting processes that allow for capacity building, coaching, and mentoring of staff and local partners
- Master's degree in public health, international development, or an advanced degree in a relevant field
- Strong technical experience with HSS, PEPFAR, MEL, and/or gender equality and social inclusion preferred
- Experience in MEL best practices including utilizing monitoring and evaluation in a learning context highly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills with 15 years of practical experience leading technical teams with at least 5 years managing multiple levels of staff
- Excellent understanding of USAID systems, structures, and process, in particular health and MEL programming
- Strong track record to lead and support winning proposals including ability to conceptualize and write technical proposals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Demonstrated experience managing and working with multi-cultural teams with diverse skill sets
- Experience living and working overseas in low resource settings with the ability to work in complex environments charged with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and pressure to perform
- Fluency in a second language preferred
- Willingness to travel internationally, primarily to developing countries
Reports to: Vice President, Program Impact
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and based on guidance from the CDC, federal and local government agencies, Panagora Group is currently working a hybrid work schedule, including fully and partially remote work schedules. COVID vaccination will be required to work onsite at Panagora home office or project site located on US Government property.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship.