Program Officer, Finance & Operations (MOMENTUM)
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI is implementing the USAID-funded MOMENTUM (Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health and Family Planning and Reproductive Health Services to Scale) Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity Project. The MOMENTUM awards seek to contribute to global technical leadership and evidence generation and dissemination around maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH), family planning (FP) and reproductive health (RH) services. The project’s overarching goal is to sustainably strengthen routine immunization programs to 1) overcome the entrenched obstacles contributing to stagnating and declining immunization rates in USAID-supported countries, and 2) address the barriers to reaching zero-dose and under-immunized children with life-saving vaccines and other health services. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the disruption of immunization services, the project will also support countries with the maintenance, adaptation, suspension, and/or reinstatement of immunization services.
The Finance & Operations Officer (F&O Officer) is an integral member of the finance and operations team supporting financial and operational implementation efforts of the project’s core and country portfolios. The ideal candidate will have experience or strong interest in the administrative and financial functions of working with USAID, including but not limited to human resources, experience backstopping international field offices, procurement, contracts, and consultant management. The ideal candidate is proactive, highly organized and has excellent communication skills. They are service oriented and deliver high quality outputs with minimal oversight. The role will support ensuring full compliance with donor regulations and JSI policies.
This position will report to the Contracts and Grants Manager.
The F&O Officer is based in Arlington, VA or in any state where JSI is registered (AZ, AK, CO, FL, GE, IL, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, NH, NJ, NM, HY, NC, PN, RI, VT, VA, DC, WI). The salary range for this position is $55,125 - $73,946 and will be established based on experience, education, qualifications, and internal equity. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only qualified candidates will be contacted.
JSI/WEI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
The F&O Officer will be responsible for the following:
Operations and HR
- Work closely with the F&O team to provide administrative support, including; coordination of team meetings, team tracking systems, project communication tools, and others as needed;
- Work closely with Sr. HR and Operations Manager to implement, organize and maintain team and project filing systems;
- Support electronic and paper voucher filing administration including managing voucher file rooms, coordinating offsite filing with corporate finance and admin team;
- Support US human resources processes including recruitment, onboarding, annual reviews, and others as needed with oversight from the Sr. HR and Operations Manager; support international recruitment as needed.
- Provide financial and operational support during country office start-up and close-out process, as directed by Finance and Operations Manager.
- Provide backstopping support to expat/TCN staff, with oversight from Sr. HR & Operations Manager, including fielding and repatriation, oversight and processing of allowances, and adherence to JSI policies and procedures, as applicable;
Contracts and Procurement
- Work closely with Grants and Contracts Manager to ensure compliance of JSI policies and procedures throughout selection and management process of subawards and procurement;
- Process invoices and payments through SAP Concur, JSI’s expense, travel, consultant, and vendor invoice spend system;
- Review subawardee or subrecipient financial reports and supporting documentation for reasonable assurance;
- Support the recruitment, hiring, payment, and close out of consultant contracts, including ensuring proper competition and documentation of positions, drafting consultant agreements based on scopes of work provided by technical teams, payment monitoring and processing, and contract close out;
- Work closely with Sr. Finance and Operations Manager to support for country office expenditures (field accounts), including review of all vouchers, receipts, and reports for their correctness and proper documentation in line with JSI policies and donor requirements;
- As needed, provide feedback to the project office on issues and corrections to the field accounts data ensure that timely corrections are taken.
- Provide backstopping support to FOMs, as appropriate, during absence of leave
- Other tasks a needed
Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in finance, human resources, or operations on an international project. Experience working or living in a developing country highly preferred.Required Experience:
- Experience working with USAID rules and regulations.
- Experience backstopping international offices and internationally based staff.
- Familiar with financial and operational processes necessary to implement a large, centrally funded project.
- Proficiency in excel; comfortable creating and/or interacting with complex financial tracking systems.
- Experience or interest in human resources, finance, procurement, contracts, and/or general operations.
- Solution-oriented and proactive when faced with problems and gaps in information.
- Comfortable independently managing multiple long and short-term tasks simultaneously.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
- Experience in planning/coordinating events, travel logistics, and basic financial management.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and adapt to different environments.
- Experience living or working overseas.
Travel: Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Languages:Professional fluency in English. Fluency in French is highly desirable and will be prioritized.
Salary Range: $55,125 - $73,946
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 11/19/2023.
Please apply via our Careers