TITLE: Project Coordinator LOCATION: Headquarters in Towson, Maryland
Position Summary: The Project Coordinator for the Programs Department is open to US residents only, is in-person with a hybrid schedule, and is primarily responsible for providing project coordination and administrative support to the Department through projects and tasks assigned by the Deputy Director of Programs. Tasks will include, but are not limited to, project support and oversight, relationship management, research, scheduling, filing, meeting and travel coordination, writing and editing and correspondence. This position is open to U.S. residents only.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
1. Project Coordination & Relationship Management: Coordinates all programs department projects serving as the point of contact, note-taker and keeper of key information and status reports; planning/scheduling of project meetings; manages small projects from start to finish, ensuring all deliverables are met within the specified time and budget.
2. Research: Research topics as assigned by the Deputy Director of Programs with regards to items needed for meeting preparation, special projects and/or key initiatives.
3. Meeting Preparation: Prepares and compiles presentation documents and materials for the Director of Operations in advance of meetings; ensures Deputy Director of Programs is prepared with key documents needed in advance of all meetings; coordinates all visitor meetings.
4. Scheduling and Coordination: Manages complex business calendar and Deputy Director of Programs’ schedule; communicates calendar changes to those affected in a timely manner; coordinates travel for Director and Department team, including compiling travel briefs in close coordination with the Safety and Security Manager and SSFPs.
5. Document Production and Review: Produces and / or reviews and edits documents such as proposals, reports, business correspondence, meeting minutes, memos, slides, communications and social media items, etc.
6. Information Management: Works with relevant colleagues to create and maintain filing systems in compliance with document retention policy as required by the assigned projects and tasks as well as the needs of the department.
Minimally Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Relationship Management: Proven experience building relationships and communicating with key stakeholders, including top organizational executives and decision makers.
• Project Management: Ability to thrive in an environment with changing priorities; proven ability to manage a variety of tasks and activities simultaneously; impeccable attention to detail and consistently accurate; resourceful with strong researching experience and capability; organized to shepherd and coordinate information from various sources; can implement and follow an effective follow up and check-up procedure; able to manage all projects from inception to implementation or delivery; skilled and savvy with training others, when necessary.
• Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, and internet applications; knowledge of Visio and PowerBl
• Communication: Advanced verbal and written skills using different forms of media; ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels; provides continuous proactive verbal and/or written status of updates of activity.
• Customer Service Skills: Proven customer service skills, for both internal and external customers at all levels.
• Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational, filing, and planning skills; proven ability to set priorities, meet tight deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision; proven ability to coordinate multiple activities quickly and efficiently; ability to observe standard office policies and procedures.
• Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team; ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment and contribute to problem-solving; and ability to quickly learn and fully support old and new systems, processes and procedures.
• Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues and maintain a high degree of professional etiquette and decorum.
Minimally Required Education, Experience, and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Communications, International Relations, Public Policy, or related field
• 1-5 years of experience in managing and/or coordinating projects
• Or, a combination of education and work experience that yields the minimally required knowledge, skills and abilities
• Non-profit experience is a plus
EOE *Full job description is available