Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
The incumbent manages recruitment at IREX and is charged with ensuring effective sourcing, recruitment, and onboarding of IREX headquarters, Expat, TCN, and global staff. This includes ensuring that IREX is consistently engaging in inclusive sourcing and hiring and ensuring that the employee composition at IREX reflects the diversity of the communities IREX serves. The incumbent ensures adherence to compliant and inclusive recruitment procedures, developing tools and resources for staff, and assisting with Hiring Manager training designed to enhance capacity and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion. The incumbent represents IREX at career fairs in multiple forums to raise IREX’s profile as a global development employer to effectively source and attract diverse candidates from various and diverse communities, institutions, and organizations.
The incumbent provides project management and staff liaison support to the IREX Diversity & Inclusion Committee, as well as engages the committee around IREX’s internal efforts related to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness in recruitment, hiring, and retention.
This role will serve as a strategic partner to business leaders, with a keen eye on diversity and inclusion, workforce planning, and proactive sourcing and pipelining for critical skills. It will also work closely with the supervisor on job classification, compensation alignment, workforce planning and strategic onboarding. The position will report to the Senior Director for Human Resources or designee and supervise assigned recruiters..
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of experience
- May require specific expertise in a subject matter. May require a professional certification (i.e., SHRM- CP, or PHR).
- Experience effectively working with a large group of individuals from diverse cultural, ethnic, and national backgrounds is required.
- Must be able to research and learn employment law for various countries within the regions supported by this position.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work collaboratively in a team environment is required.
- Experience conducting and managing sensitive investigations is highly preferred.
- Experience writing recruitment guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Experience compiling and presenting reports to a diverse audience.
- Experience conducting training to Hiring Managers and Internal applicants.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills with the ability to develop and implement practical solutions are required.
- Must have strong influencing skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess technical expertise to effectively and consistently carry out duties.
- Good judgement and excellent decision making.
- Must be target driven with excellent ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Your Daily Tasks
- Manages the selection process, including requisition management, development of position descriptions and recruitment strategy, candidate selection, reference and background checks, salary negotiations, generation of offer letters, and the facilitation of the on-boarding process.
- Conducts recruitment strategy meetings with Hiring Managers to ensure a complete understanding of the job requirements, candidate matches, and the qualifications needed to fill the role.
- Uses findings to develop and execute effective sourcing strategies, assessments, and closing approaches.
- Promotes inclusive hiring through outsourcing, recruitment processes, and highlights its long-term benefits to IREX.
- Conducts thorough candidate prescreening interviews and recommends highly qualified and diverse candidates who meet the requirements for the role.
- Conducts job analysis to update position descriptions and reviews against established compensation structures.
- Ensures timely communication with candidates, hiring managers, and vendors on the recruiting process and pending needs.
- Manages candidate communication throughout the recruitment lifecycle and educates candidates about the culture of IREX, benefits, and position expectation.
- Creates and disseminates recruitment reports that provide strategic insights through metrics, dashboards, and the full-spectrum analysis of data.
- Prepares appropriate approval documents for transfers, promotions, salary changes, and other staffing changes.
- Remains current on the organization structure, personnel policy, and federal state laws regarding employment practices.
- Manages external recruiting sources, vendor agreements, candidate submission, and invoice processing.
- Promotes and increases employer brand awareness by representing IREX at job fairs and industry events.
- Develops outreach efforts to support affirmative action goals and participates in recruitment events in support of diversity hiring and inclusive sourcing.
- Develops and ensures implementation of high-quality global recruitment, interviewing, selection, and strategic onboarding processes.
- Builds the skills and commitment of hiring managers to follow best practices in all stages of the talent acquisition life cycle.
- Develops and facilitates training for hiring managers on the recruiting process and provides periodic training to management staff on recruitment and onboarding best practices.
- Provides coaching on effective behavior interview techniques, workforce planning practices, and compensation requirements.
- Continually assesses the effectiveness of the recruitment & onboarding processes, researching best practices, conducting new-hire, and hiring manager feedback surveys, and utilizing data to refine and improve the processes over time.
- Ensures position classification specifications accurately reflect the needed qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities required for successful job performance.
- Develops creative ideas and innovative recruiting techniques to source qualified professionals. (i.e., social media, employee referrals, direct contact recruiting, internet data mining, job boards, and internal/external networks).
- Documents the selection process in the ATS and performs day-to-day recruitment activities consistent with understanding rules for applicant tracking, OFCCP rules and regulations, and IREX operating policies and procedures.
- Manages candidate salary expectations and ensures that the compensation for new hires and transfers is in line with internal and external equity.
- Supervises and coaches the Recruitment Partner.
- Partners with supervisor to oversee and manage a strategic onboarding & new hire orientation process for all IREX employees.
- Partners with supervisor to revise, update or manage job classification, workforce planning, and strategic onboarding.
- Partners with line managers to develop business plans that integrate talent plans and provides a structured talent management approach, linking together business strategy and talent.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Telework. The eligible employee is a regular, full-time DC-based staff who works from a worksite outside the DC office for one or more days a week.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled