Systems Director - Remote Salary Position - Full Time - $75,000.00 to $90,000.00
Job Description: The US Climate Action Network (USCAN) is seeking a savvy financial professional to manage Bookkeeping, HR admin and Board Coordination. If you're interested in working remotely, are a time-management guru – and know how to make a demanding work-from-home opportunity work to your benefit, while enjoying meeting strict deadlines, we're interested in learning more about you.
The Bookkeeper/HR admin/Board Coordinator role will require a majority of daytime availability dedicated to bookkeeping and reporting. This position will report to the Systems Senior Director. Tasks to include:
- Manage Benefits, PTO, 401k
- Onboarding new employees
- Updating/Maintaining Employee Handbook
- Managing the Employee Review Process
- Maintain accounting procedures and policies and systems of internal controls to ensure the integrity of all financial systems.
- Cash receipts processing
- Accounts payable
- Month-end tasks
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Membership billing and tracking
- Compilation of financial statements - For: Funders, Board, Executive Director, Development Director
- State Fundraising Compliance - Charitable State Registrations
- Working closely with auditor and Board Treasurer to ensure GAAP standards
- Draft quarterly board agendas
- Schedule, coordinate and attend quarterly Board Meetings
- Prepare financial reports for Board Meetings
- Support Systems Sr. Director in development and analysis of annual organization budget and develop new budgets for board approval.
- Experience in accounting and/or bookkeeping - required
- Payroll Experience - required
- Tax Filing - required
- In-depth understanding of Quickbooks Online - required
- One-year Human Resources Experience - required
- Hiring and Onboarding Experience - preferred
- Familiarity with non-profit structures, practices and organizational cultures - preferred
- Experience using Google Drive - preferred
- Experience meeting foundation requirements and deadlines - preferred
How to apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for this position, along with a resume, professional references and voluntary biographical information you would like to provide here. We accept many formats, including video and audio submissions. Voluntary biographical information provided will not be used in favor of or against your application. This voluntary information could include: pronouns, race, gender, or economic background. We are looking to hire immediately; we will be accepting applications until the position is filled. No inquiries by phone, please.
About us: We are a non-profit that wants to continue to grow in our knowledge of diversity and inclusion strategies to ensure that our culture, systems and processes support an environment where all staff seek and celebrate individual differences while contributing to the overall goals of our strategic plan. USCAN values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are striving to to becoming an actively anti-racist organization by addressing institutional bias in our policies, practices and other systems. USCAN is a workplace where perseverance, optimism, wisdom, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued.
The Systems Team this person will join, is a team of two. We are scrappy, very detail oriented, love processes, are comfortable asking for help, know that we will make mistakes and strive to learn from them, and tend to think in bullet points.
US Climate Action Network encourages diversity and prohibits discrimination in the office place. The organization exceeds the anti-discrimination policies of the District of Columbia and of the federal government. Specifically, USCAN prohibits discrimination in hiring on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence or business, gender identity, or socio-economic status. USCAN will do our best to make staff positions accessible to women, people of any ethnic background, people of any age, Indigenous people, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer people, disabled people, and other under-represented communities – including communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.