Consultancy – Revision to Materials – Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Training
InterAction is the largest U.S. based coalition of international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) with nearly 190 members working around the world in low- and middle-income countries, fragile and post-conflict states, and emerging/growth economies. Member organizations are large and small, secular and faith-based, with a focus on people living in the world’s most poor and vulnerable places. The U.S. public, foundations, and governments support the work of our member NGOs that collectively invest and manage more than $15.4 billion a year. InterAction revenues come from dues, government grants, private foundation and corporate grants, and a growing fee-for-service program portfolio. Using its collective voice and convening power, InterAction seeks to shape important policy decisions and actions across a wide range of issues – including foreign assistance, humanitarian relief, development, economic equity, food security, and climate change – that advance human dignity, human potential, and self-determination.
About the Project: The InterAction Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Basics Training Guide was developed to provide NGOs with simple-to-use training modules which focus both on the PSEA fundamentals, as well as on some newer and innovative approaches to prevention of SEA. The materials are meant to be easily adaptable to many contexts, and for wide use by a variety of NGOs operating in humanitarian crises.
InterAction is seeking proposals from consultants with a proven background in both PSEA and GBV programming, prevention and response, as well as demonstrated skills in curriculum development, with particular expertise in PSEA and/or GBV training. The revision to the materials is intended to ensure they sufficiently cover how to operationalize a survivor-centered approach overall, and to create an additional component (within PSEA Basics Module 1) that prepares participants to receive and handle reports of SEA according to survivor centered principles. The existing materials are robust and went through rigorous peer review. The additional session should complement the existing materials, it should not take more than 190 minutes of training time to deliver. The consultant(s) will review the existing materials, draft the additional session, and hold consultations with members and other key stakeholders to solicit feedback before finalizing.
Position Title: Consultant/s – PSEA Material Revision
Position Type: Part-time, short-term
Location: Homebased/working remotely
Timeline Est. 5-6 days over 1.5 months
Essential Functions and Deliverables: InterAction seeks proposals from interested applicants to deliver the following:
- Review existing materials and provide concrete recommendations to draw out and emphasize survivor centered principles
- Produce Session 6 – “A Survivor Centered Approach to Receiving an SEA Report”. This will include a Facilitator Guide, a PowerPoint and any accompanying Handouts. The session should not take longer than 190 minutes to deliver.
- Hold at least two consultation sessions with InterAction members and other key stakeholders (to be agreed in advance) to solicit feedback and input into the session, then make necessary changes.
· Proven expertise in GBV and PSEA in humanitarian response programming.
· Excellent communication skills, including ability to present complex processes and issues clearly, in plain language, to a diverse audience
· Proven track record for designing high quality training materials
· Ability to engage diverse stakeholders and solicit feedback, consolidate and manage that feedback
· Familiarity with Prezi and PowerPoint
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time and competing demands effectively while working under pressure with tight deadlines
· Able to balance the need to work independently while collaborating closely with the InterAction team and other relevant actors
· Fluency in English
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. InterAction will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Expected Start Date:
September 1, 2022
Program Manager - Protection
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To Apply: Interested applicants should send their proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line containing Consultant – PSEA Materials Revision
· Cover letter that addresses qualifications relevant to this solicitation
· Proposal that outlines the methodology and process for developing this session and ensuring it compliments existing materials and incorporates multiple rounds of feedback (including from external actors). Please include number of days/hours estimated.
· Portfolio with examples of training materials/curricula
· Consultancy proposed day/hourly rate
· Two professional references with at least one from past training materials or toolkit consultancy
Position will remain open until filled, but applications received before June 15 are preferred. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered for this position. Due to the expected volume of applications, only finalists will be notified.