Partnership Development Lead
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), The Partnership Development Lead (PDL) will be responsible for strengthening existing relationships with hospitals and other sources of medical and humanitarian supplies for Afya, and for developing and maintaining equally strong relationships with new sources including all types of healthcare providers and medical supply distributors. The PDL will lead in the identification of potential new sources and development of strategies for approaching and cultivating in-kind donors. The PDL will also be responsible for seeking new opportunities for value-added services and integrating Afya’s systems with those of in-kind donors. The PDL will develop a strong understanding of Afya’s warehouse operations and will play a key role in ensuring consistent and accurate information between Afya and donors of in-kind supplies. The PDL will advocate at Afya on behalf of the donors of medical supplies and escalate to the COO opportunities and challenges as they arise for consideration and resolution.
Essential Job Functions:
Partnership Cultivation and Development
- Define Afya’s in-kind donation strategy and prepare process for acquisition of new and retention of existing donors.
- Create an approach and materials for soliciting and onboarding new hospital and product donors.
- Collaborate with the COO and Warehouse Director in planning/adding new partnerships to ensure strong logistics coordination and support.
- Work with warehouse operations staff to support the development of templates/resources for pre-sorting efforts by in-kind donors.
- Establish the value proposition for partnerships with manufacturers to support senior management decision-making related to pursuing this option; upon approval by Afya management, develop and execute a strategy for pursuing manufacturer partnerships.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with POC at each hospital and document key information and attributes of every partnership.
- Work with the warehouse operations team to ensure all reporting requirements are met, and that reports are accurate and submitted on time.
- Ensure partners are informed of Afya’s program achievements through both inclusion on our mailing lists and tailored communications and meetings.
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Director to ensure that new hospital partners are familiar with volunteer opportunities at Afya and understand request process.
Data Capture and Communications
- Become familiar with Afya’s intake processes and data capture for donated supplies and initiate and/or participate in meetings related to hospital business needs, reporting to hospital partners, and data enhancements as appropriate and needed.
- Track reporting schedules for in-kind donors and ensure report preparation and submission of regular reports to hospitals as per agreements; follow up as necessary on questions and clarifications.
- Support continuous improvement in data visualization for in-kind donations.
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager on key developments in hospital partnerships and help ensure appropriate partner visibility on Afya social media, and Afya visibility on partners’ social media.
- Demonstrated ability to build and steward relationships with corporate partners
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with individuals and teams at all levels
- Strong interpersonal and engagement skills
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English
- Goal driven, self-starter and creative in delivering outcomes
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Display positive attitude, common sense, concern for people and community
and a genuine interest in and passion for Afya’s principles and mission
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft suite
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution, BA/BS preferred
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Strong data analysis skills (data visualization)
- Understanding of hospital medical supply chain management practices and priorities
- Warehouse and/or supply chain experience
To apply please send a current CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Partnership Development Lead Application” in the subject line.