JSI seeks an outstanding Project Director for an anticipated CDC -funded global health project, that focuses on strengthening routine immunization programs in priority countries. The Director will provide collaborative leadership to:
- strengthen immunization delivery systems, programs, and capacities in high priority countries, identify and vaccinate zero- and under-dose children; plan and implement supplemental immunization campaigns;
- support polio eradication, measles mortality reduction and regional measles and rubella elimination, hepatitis B and maternal and neonatal tetanus elimination
- vaccine-preventable diseases (VPD) surveillance;
- strengthen global laboratory networks for polio and measles/rubella
These functions are critical to achieving globally and regionally agreed goals for polio eradication, VPD elimination and reduction.
This position is contingent on project award.
- Provide overall strategic direction and collaborative leadership in the implementation of this global project; provide technical expertise/leadership in strengthening routine immunization systems in LICs; coordinate other technical areas that comprise this award.
- Lead the development of project workplans and budgets,
- Ensure that project objectives and deliverables are being met within budget,
- Ensure project objectives are met, all activities are of high technical quality and in line with client expectations and delivered on-time, within project scope and within budget.
- Ensure coordinated and harmonized approaches across all areas within the project.
- Develop collaborative working relationships among diverse team members, partners, funders and stakeholders.
- Establish and foster a client-centered, responsive relationship with funder
- Serve as JSI’s representative at technical working groups, meetings/conferences, etc.
- Publish and promote JSI’s work in this area via blogs, social media, conferences, and publications consistent with donor guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and donor rules and regulations,
- Identify opportunities for synergy and efficiency across JSI.
- Graduate degree in public health, international development or other relevant area
- At least 15 years’ experience leading and providing strategic direction in the implementation of a global health project, focused on routine immunization and health system strengthening in low income countries (LICs). Experience with global laboratory networks, and/or vaccine-preventable disease surveillance and elimination, desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and client engagement skills. Demonstrated ability to provide collaborative leadership to a multi-faceted project.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically to respond to client or stakeholder needs.
- Demonstrated managerial and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines; ability to produce high quality deliverables.
- Demonstrated background in proactively and creatively solving problems or achieving consensus in a politically sensitive or ambiguous setting.
- Experience interacting with senior U.S. and foreign government officials, and other global stakeholders.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically, as needed.
- French language skills, desirable
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please apply via our Careers Portal: