Panagora Group is a social enterprise dedicated to providing high-quality, high-impact international health, development, and learning consulting. We are a dynamic woman- and employee-owned small business partner focused on market-based and integrated local solutions that strengthen country capacity and independence; and on learning, communications, and technology solutions to accelerate and heighten impact. As a small business, we are able to implement novel and innovative approaches using highly participatory approaches to mobilize community, civil society, and government energy in defining and owning solutions, and to promote inclusive development that benefits all groups.
Panagora is currently working remotely due to the pandemic and will continue for the near term, after which we anticipate adopting a hybrid work schedule including fully and partially remote work schedules based on current federal, state, and local pandemic guidance.
The Senior Human Resources (HR) Specialist/DEI Officer is responsible for helping Panagora achieve its mission by providing a wide range of human resource support and services, including benefits administration, training and development, diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), compliance, performance management, employee relations, and records management.
Manage Panagora’s Diversity, Inclusion and Equity (DEI) program (50% time):
- Operationalize the DEI action plan as developed by the leadership team
- Clearly define a framework to be shared across the company and incorporated in daily practices
- Conduct a review of existing systems to ensure compliance with a sustainable DEI program at Panagora
- Create and lead routine trainings for staff on how to identify and deal with issues related to racism, microaggressions, cultural differences, harassment, bullying, etc.
Supports with potential to lead benefits administration including:
- Open enrollment and renewal process for US-based staff; international health benefits for U.S. Nationals (USNs) and Third-country Nationals (TCNs)
- 401k and ESOP actions
- Review and reconcile carrier invoices
- Process monthly payments through BenefitMall
Supports Employee Relations:
- Responds to management and employee questions on HR matters, as needs arise
- Provides counseling and coaching to management and staff on employee relation issues ensuring effective resolution, as needs arise
- Conducts investigations as needed to resolve issues, as needed
- Serves as a back-up ombudsman, as needed
Support the performance management process:
- Assist managers and staff in understanding and adhering to performance planning, monitoring, and reviews
- Orient new managers to our Performance Management processes, provide them with tools and ongoing support
- Work closely with the Director, Global Human Resources on technical issues and improvements
Support new staff orientation and onboarding functions including, but not limited to:
- New hire and benefits orientation of new hire employees ensuring an exceptional first-day experience
- Coordinating with Office Administrator ensuring completion of all HR-related onboarding tasks
- Coordinating with Panagora departments to standardize orientations based on job function
- Reviewing the content of the orientation program to ensure relevance and working with Training and Capacity Specialist and Director, Global Human Resources to update contents as required
- Managing the Buddy Program for HO staff
Oversee and manage the employee separation and offboarding function, including, but not limited to:
- All administrative tasks, such as insurance cancellations, Costpoint deactivation, and finalize departure checklists
- Perform exit interviews as needed
- Leave payouts
- Performs administrative functions including, but not limited to:
- Proactively communicate with payroll to make updates, as necessary. Research questions from employees and facilitate actions to resolve issues.
- Maintain employee and other HR records according to policy and legal requirements (e.g., EEO data, etc.); compile reports and respond to audit requests as required.
- Respond in a timely manner to employee HR requests; help resolve and troubleshoot issues
Collaborate with the Director, Global Human Resources and other departments on staff capacity building and development initiatives, including, but not limited to:
- Develop and update competency-based learning and development paths for employees
- Develop SOPs and training materials related to human resources and compliance and deliver training to various employee groups.
- Work with Director, Global Human Resources to support development of the annual departmental work plan and budget
- Work closely with the Director, Global Human Resources for filing government compliance reports such as EEO-1, Affirmative Action Plan (AAP), etc.
- Manage the Panagora training assistance program by handling requests and tracking annual reimbursements.
- Maintain necessary HR checklists, password lists, etc.
- Lead knowledge management of HR policies and procedures
- Work with Director, Global Human Resources on special HR and administrative initiatives and projects.
- Support talent acquisition process as needed.
- Maintain compliance with policies and procedures regarding all human resources practices.
- Understand and adhere to all applicable federal and state laws.
- Other duties as assigned by Director, GHR.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of general HR experience
- 8+ years of generalist HR experience with increasing responsibility, preferably with an international development organization
- Working knowledge of benefits and performance management, compensation practices, EEO/Affirmative Action Program compliance, recruiting procedures, HR reporting and record keeping
- Knowledge of USAID and other international donor agencies
- HRMS system savvy and the ability to learn new systems quickly, in particular Costpoint and iSolved
- Knowledge of US labor laws.
- Ability to develop and deliver HR training materials related to human resources, compliance, and other topics, as needed.
- Demonstrated experience working in culturally diverse team environments.
- Proficient in MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple functions, anticipate needs, and follow through
- Ability to problem-solve, resolve conflict, and make decisions
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret data
- Good judgment and ability to work independently, but also as a team player, demonstrating strong initiative and energy, as well as a cooperative spirit
- Organized and results oriented
- Ability to work in complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees displaying exceptional customer service
- Experience using Costpoint and iSolved is a plus
- Experience with international HR and USAID preferred
- SPHR/PHR Certification or equivalent qualification in HR
- Training experience and skills
Reports to: Global Human Resource Director