Panagora seeks a Senior New Business Manager to lead new business development activities. The senior manager will contribute to research and analysis of opportunities at the donor, industry, and country levels; be responsible for leading high-performance proposal teams, effective liaison with partners; and ensure the submission of compliant, high-quality bids and will also support the day-to-today management of new business operations and systems, client outreach/marketing efforts and support corporate-wide new business training and mentoring activities. The senior manager supports and works under the direction of the Vice President, New Business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Vice President, New Business in executing the company's new business agenda.
- Support and lead capture planning activities.
- Manage proposal development for bids, including the comprehensive pre-positioning for proposals and managing live proposals, ensuring that proposals meet funder compliance and USAID's quality assurance standards.
- Gather technical input and competitive intelligence from technical teams, partners subject matter specialists, and other resource persons.
- Liaise with technical leads, partners, and consultants to conceptualize and design proposals.
- Work in collaboration with technical recruiters and the pricing team on bids.
- Support bid-no-bid analysis and decision making.
- Support the facilitation of strategic partnerships with other organizations.
- Coordinate teaming agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other institutional agreements with partners; and help negotiate partnership arrangements and budgets.
- Maintain accurate business development opportunities trackers and assist with analysis of proposal development data; maintain accurate and timely electronic files; and ensure that relevant information is accessible to and circulated to the portfolio members.
- Monitor and share information about new opportunities, donor funding trends, and relevant country information from outside sources of news.
- Oversee recruitment efforts for key personnel and other proposal staffing requirements.
- Draft sections of proposals, expressions of interest, sources sought and request for information.
- Prepare cost proposals including detailed budgets and narratives
- Manage complex capture and proposal development efforts.
- Supervise, mentor, and guide direct reports in supporting new business development.
- Mentor and support staff training and orientations on new business best practices, processes, and procedures.
- Provide support to the recruitment of proposed personnel for technical proposals.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years of relevant work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience successfully managing USAID-related contract proposal process, including experience in submitting high quality products; developing, analyzing and reviewing budgets; analyzing pipelines.
- Proven experience successfully supporting new business efforts as a technical lead and proposal section writer.
- Experience with integrated health, private sector health programming, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation, and/or knowledge management desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Analytically focused and strategic.
- Excellent planning and time management skills. Ability to multi-task with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and maintain quality, detail, and organization across multiple assignments.
- Ability to supervise a team, building strong cross-functional relationships within the home office.
- Excellent writing and budgeting skills.
Reports to: Vice President, New Business
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and based on guidance from the CDC, federal and local government agencies, Panagora Group is currently working a hybrid work schedule, including fully and partially remote work schedules. COVID vaccination will be required to work onsite at Panagora home office or project site located on US Government property.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship.
Panagora Group, Inc. offers competitive salaries including regular performance reviews and merit increases with an excellent insurance program (health, dental and vision) paid leave, holidays, bonuses, employee assistance program, training and development assistance, commuter allowance, phone allowance, Society for International Development and Humentum Memberships, as well as employee stock ownership (ESOP) and 401K programs.