Senior Vice President, Development
Vital Strategies helps governments strengthen their public health systems to contend with the most important and difficult health challenges. We design solutions that can scale rapidly and improve the lives of millions of people. Our mission is to work in partnership to reimagine evidence-based, locally driven policies and practices to advance public health. We’re helping governments acquire the knowledge and tools they need to make rapid progress against cancer, obesity, drug overdose, tobacco control, road crashes and other leading causes of disease, injury and death.
Senior Vice President, Development (SVP) is a newly created position reporting to the President and CEO and serving as an integral member of the leadership team in setting the strategy and philanthropic goals and shaping a culture of business development at Vital Strategies. Specifically, the SVP will work with the newly created Development Board Committee, technical program leads, and country directors. The SVP must have a desire and proven ability to take a hands-on role in scaling a small global department while building out a new and diversified funding base of foundations, corporate partnerships, government grants, and other funding sources.
The ideal candidate should be inspired by the idea of creating a compelling narrative and telling a story. This position holds the key to new ideas and thinking as it relates to global fundraising. The strategic plan is aspirational so attracting friends and partners new and old in an authentic, impactful, and ambitious endeavor will excite the most unafraid candidates. There is an opportunity to do things differently in this role, but the successful candidate must have a successful track record of top-level fundraising. They should have exceptional relationship-building capacity most ideally with high-net-worth individuals, leading institutional foundations and governments.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years in senior roles in non-profit development. Global public health non-profit experience preferred.
- Experience creating budgets and forecasting revenue.
- Deep expertise in building and expanding diverse fundraising revenue streams and donor relationships across corporate and foundation partners, government agencies, and individual donors.
- Significant experience in designing successful giving programs, establishing fundraising goals, and working effectively with leadership and teams to achieve annual revenue goals.
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for Vital Strategies.